Solar Eclipse 2017

The Solar Eclipse of 2017 has crossed our farm and moved on its' way. It was a beautiful sight even though we were not in the path of totality. For about 1 hour and 20 minutes, we were able to view the moon gracefully and beautifully crossing over the sun slowly making the sun disappear. We were only about 90% covered, but you could feel the change in the air and there was a calm that I do not think I have ever experienced.

The 2 minutes or so of darkness was not a complete dark, but was more light a late twilight. I attempted to watch what the animals had done while it was occurring and did not notice many changes other than it was still. Not a rooster made a sound ( and they are usually really noisy) and the rabbits were lying still in their cages. It was as though they were well aware that there was a change in the air.

While it was partly cloudy, we were still able to enjoy a large amount of the historic and enlightening event. The air cooled and I noticed that the humidity that we were feeling just a few minutes before suddenly seemed to be gone. The color of our surroundings seemed to change. The grass even seemed to be a different shade of green that seemed as though it was mixed with a grey hue.

If I ever have the opportunity to take it another solar eclipse, I pray that I am able to take a trip to a city that is within a path of totality as I am sure that it was breathtaking and very calming to some. My daughter commented during the brief time that the moon completely covered the sun that she felt a calm that she had not felt before and I had a certain calm feeling as well.

Now it is raining and cloudy here, but when I stepped out just a few minutes ago, I was still in awe as to how things seem to be more still. In a world where everyone seems to be looking down at their phones, I Pads, etc. it is amazing to think of how many were looking up today and the peaceful areas where many were gathered and all remained calm. Peace at it's finest!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024