Going Camping 101

Hello friends! Hello Readers! Welcome to the Friday edition of Slatersfunnyfarm. All is well on the farm and weather is good too. We could use some rain and the farm needs a good weed job, but overall all is fine. Yesterday evening brought a cool down with the humidity  dropping some and that always makes a better day. We are experiencing a drought and that makes me sad, but I know that we will get rain when God decides we will and not before, so I just say a prayer. I do not want rain this weekend though as we are going camping.

Camping is such a relaxing time for me as I don't have to do all of the cooking and there is no cleaning, no laundry, and our phones don't work so that is great for me. My husband needs the rest as well as I do. My oldest daughter may camp as well with us and that will be fun. I do enjoy the time away from all the stress at home. I am thankful that my father in law and youngest daughter and family will care for the animals as we are gone.

We have a nice camper although it is a little older and that makes going much easier as I keep most items in there so I really have to pack is clothes and food. We have extra clothes already in there so if I forget something, it is generally okay. Of course, there are the necessities like graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows for s'mores as well as camp chairs and hot dogs. I do not believe that the kids that will be with us could live without hot dogs and s'mores. ( Honestly, doubt that my husband could either.)

I was able to make a trip to our state fair yesterday and I have plenty to share about that, but I decided that I was going to wait to share those details later. For those in the path of the total solar eclipse, I hope that you are able to get some great looks at it and enjoy it for the occasion that it is. We will only see about 80% of it, but it should still be a great experience. Had I done more planning, I would have been in a town that would be a total experience. For those that have plans this weekend, enjoy! For those that are stuck at home, make the best of it. Have an indoor picnic- spread a table cover, have some great picnic food, and pretend you are at the beach, forest, wherever you prefer to be. Life is too short to not enjoy each minute of it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024