Holidays and stress

I was thinking today about how much added stress the holidays have put onto mothers and fathers who aren't working and can't afford to buy Christmas this year. I know we haven't started shopping yet and I am not sure if we are going to be able to buy much for my daughter. She has her heart set on a guitar and I just am not sure that it is going to happen.
This time of year is one of reflection and is supposed to be happy, but I am beginning to really worry and I am just not sure where money will come from right now. I have phone bills due and many other things that need to take priority and yet, I have to be able to provide her with a few gifts under the tree. I am praying, but I am not sure that it is helping. I have put my life in God's hands, but sometimes I wonder.
Life on the farm is wonderful for the most part and I am thankful to have a roof over my head and that I have food for my family, but I hate that we are struggling this time of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024