New Years' Eve 2023

 The final day of 2023 is upon us and as I sit here and reflect on what the year has been for us, I feel blessed. We welcomed our first grandson into our family, my mother recovered from another near-death experience, my husband and I survived a tough year in our marriage, and my best friend has battled cancer. Many bad things have come our way, but I am thankful to say that God has brought us through them and has made a way for me to still see the blessings He has for me and my family. 

The farm has changed quite a bit this year and we have lost some dear animals to us, but we still have plenty to care for and love and many will find their way into our hearts again this spring. Lessons have been learned about what direction we intend to go with the farm and I know many ways I want to change the way we do things in the next year. I learned to can this year and I must say that I greatly enjoyed it and will be doing more of it in the future. With food costs constantly rising, it is something small I can do to make sure that we are well cared for as a family. I intend to do many more homesteading things this year as well and I plan to do much more bartering with local sales people this year to showcase the handiwork of others and to allow my family more money to live on without my husband having to work more hours. 

I have set some personal goals for myself as well and one of those will be to truly dedicate time to my blogs and I have let them fall by the wayside so much this year. I intend to continue my Pink Zebra business and help my girls both thrive in that business as well. It is time to show the world that I can shine in business and this is the year. I will be in Texas in July for reunion and I will do my best to be on that stage in one way or another. 

Another goal for the year for me is to bring much more peace to my home and my life. One way I intend to do that is to read more and make sure my Bible Study is completed on a daily basis and I will do my best to hold myself accountable here. I am going to start a To Be Read post here each month and I will post my first one tomorrow. I intend to hold myself to a list of books for each month and share with you all each week how that list is coming along. I hope others will join me in sharing their love of reading as well. 

I wish you all the best in the new year and I will talk to you all tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24