Christmas Is When?

 A week? We are a week away from Christmas Eve and I am so unprepared this year. Why? The farm has needed so much extra attention lately with a sick goat and I lost my beautiful Winter, my lamb. The weather has been so warm for this time of year. My grand doll is struggling in school, and we are looking for tutoring that we can afford, and Mom wants to come home and doesn't understand why I don't feel comfortable with that decision. My husband's work has slowed due to the economy and car parts being so ridiculous in price. 

December is one of my favorite months of the year due to the holiday season, but I just feel that I have not been able to enjoy it this year. I have listened to very little music, and I have only been to see lights once. I have very little shopping done for stockings and that is usually all I have left to do at this point but realized today that my husband and I have not purchased a gift for our parents yet. Will I get it all done? yes, of course, but gosh life just seems so crazy this year. 

Our daughters and families are leaving Christmas Day to go to Florida, so we won't have much time with the grands that day. I am not sure about my son yet as he has a new job that may interfere with the holiday plans. I hope to have them all here for a few hours, but we will see. I know everyone is busy and American's seemed to have allowed careers and money to interfere with family and holidays. It is sad!!

Thankful that my children and grands are aware that Christ is the reason for the season and that all the hoopla is simply commercialization of the season. We love to see Santa and share our lists with him and all that, but we are also aware that Christ is the real reason and that is why we celebrate! My grands still believe in Santa, and I am fully enjoying that even though we tell them that Jesus is the real celebration. 

I wish for each of you to enjoy this last week and rest and enjoy the lights, the family you will see and come in contact with. Enjoy all the special little moments that this season allows for as I will.

Listen here to one of my favorite songs!



Comments

  1. Have a lovely Christmas as best you can! Sorry that life right now is so stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm sending you a big hug! It sounds like life is full of challenges right now. Somehow, God always seems to work these things out for us. I encourage you to find every sparkle of joy you can and celebrate it. There's a verse in the Old Testament that says, “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.” Deuteronomy 33:12 . I think that promise belongs to us as his daughters and sons as well. God bless you dear. I understand the disappointment of not having all the family together for Christmas. I have a son who is a police officer. He'll be working all weekend.

    Happy Christmas from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love this time of the year, but life is just in the way at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Yes, in this crazy time we NEVER should forget the reason for the season.
    Hope the stress of this particular season will be less and you can enjoy those special moments with some of the family.
    Praying you can find a tutor for your Granddoll and that the daughter will somehow understand not being there is for everybody's best interests.
    Love Mrs. Laura Lane's bible verse..REST...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have found a tutor and I pray that it will be the answer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24