Final Friday

 We have arrived at the last Friday of the year. Do you have New Years' Eve plans? We do not. We will be home as usual and I might be in bed before the midnight hour if I am not feeling better than I do currently. I have seasonal allergies and I must say that with the crazy weather we are having, it has not been a good day or two.

As we are approaching the end of the year, we reflect upon the past year and many of us may wish things could have been different. This year has brought a health crisis for my mother and my best friend that I am thankful are coming to an end. I pray that each of you will have good health going into 2024. I am thankful that my physical was today and that all looks well for the most part. 

I have chosen a word of the year for next year. I have also made a decision that life is going to be much more peaceful for the new year. My word is going to be FOCUS! I am going to focus on myself and what makes me happy and brings peace to my life. I am going to get rid of the negativity that seems to be common these days and focus on the positive and peace that I know I can have. If my husband and kids are not on board, then they will just come along for the ride. I need peace and focus!! My health is needing it and I am sure that my family will see a difference as well. 


I see many things that I am hoping will change in our world this coming year. I know many families are struggling to make ends meet and families are struggling to find affordable housing and so many other problems that changes in our economy could certainly play a huge role in fixing. Raising wages and raising the price of every other life necessity does not allow a family to grow and prosper. It is a sad world when a child does not know where they will sleep or when they will eat another meal. Sad that the schools are sending food home in order for students to eat over the weekend. Where are the morals that our country was founded upon?


2024 can be a year of change if EVERYONE will band together and realize that we are all humans. Race, religion, gender or sexual preference truly should not separate us. We should stand on the principals that are founding fathers stood on and we should treat everyone with respect and dignity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24