Welcome 2018

Welcome 2018! You arrived fairly quietly in the middle of the night and I welcomed you with open heart, mind, and soul. This year will bring many challenges as did the last, but I am ready to face the challenges head on and with a renewed love for my family, friends, and most importantly God. 

By the end of 2017 my head was tired and my heart was not wanting to bear anymore hurt, sorrow, or anger. My love for most everything was wavering and I was not my cheerful self. I vow to sing and laugh more, read more, and craft more in the new year because those are the things that make my soul awake and alive. I vow to do more than work and I intend to spend time with friends and family. I will make this year my year.

I was reading my Bible and praying daily, I would sing hymns to my grand doll and while doing my work, but I felt that the weight of the world was on my shoulders and that I was failing because I was not able to do all that needed to be done. Well, watch out because this year I will conquer the world and I will ask for help along the way when I need it. I hate to ask my husband to help in the house because he works all day, but I also am working outside the home and caring for my grand doll so why should I feel guilty that I need help. 

Winter brings the blues with it and I must fight against that. I know that in a couple of months I will begin to see signs of the new blossoms that will awaken in the Earth and turn to beautiful flowers, grass, even the weeds as we once again make our way around the Sun and come closer in order to have warmer and sunnier days. With that my heart sings and I praise God that once again we are able to be outside. 

The new year has brought bone chilling cold to our area and the focus on the animals has to be to keep them warm and alive. I worry so about the pony, Snickers, that belongs to the grand doll. She seems so small for this crazy cold, but I realize that the barn keeps the wind off of her and that she has plenty of hair to keep her warm. She is plump and healthy so she will survive like a champ, but I still worry. Grain helps to keep her warm as well, but I still worry. 

I will say an extra prayer today for those that are homeless to have found shelter for the next few days as it is to be extremely cold with no real end in sight. I can't imagine not being in a warm home and having a hot meal in this weather. Please include them in your prayers at this time of the year. They are homeless due to a multitude of reasons and many are living a paycheck away from being there themselves. 

Keep your hearts and minds clear and on the ultimate love, God! Keep your spirits high and your spurs low until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024