Below Zero

As many of you know, I am not a fan of cold weather and I am certainly not a fan of artic cold air, but once again we are being blessed with it. ( Looking on the bright side that for some reason, God must want it to be this cold.) A few days ago, it was near 60 and then the bottom fell out of the thermometer again and it turned cold. We have had ice, snow and now artic cold again.

Temps over night are to be around negative 5 and wind chills could be as cold as negative 20. BRR!!!! That is the kind of temps that really make you long for the summer heat. It is the kind of weather that makes me really want my turtleneck sweaters, gloves, and my scarves. Warm winter boots ( which if you are female are nearly impossible to find) are going to be on my to find list for next year. It seems that they are stylish but never truly warm. Fur lined would be nice but in the foot area and not just the top.

I call these birds snow birds, but I am not sure of what the correct name for them are. I am seeing several of these in our back yard as well as some cardinals and so I placed some wild bird seed in an extra hanging basket that they are able to eat from. I am sure it is hard in this weather for them to find plenty to eat.  The cardinals are absolutely beautiful as well! I also have a few woodpeckers and although, I am aware that they can damage things, I love them. 
Birds can be such entertainment if you truly watch them. I could literally sit for hours on our back porch and watch them if it was enclosed with some heat. Maybe next year I will be able to have that finished. I am sure that I could do most of the work if I truly needed too. It would be a reading, craft nook with a huge window to watch the birds and the horses in the pasture. 

Keep your spirits high and your spurs low until we meet again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24