Before 7 a.m.

What are morning routines like at your house? Busy with getting children out the door? Busy trying to keep everyone on a schedule? I remember those days when the children were younger, but now that they are basically all out of the house, one would think that the morning schedule would be easier, but I find that most mornings can still be a little chaotic around here.

Usually, I am up and running before daylight. This morning was one of those early morning wake ups and nothing would allow me to go back to sleep. I decided at 5 a.m. that it was time to rise and shine. My first thought was that I would mop the dining room and kitchen as it is hard to do when anyone here is up and moving. With the rain, snow, sleet, 50 degrees, 20 degrees weather we have been having it seemed that the floor was constantly dirty. ( By the way, farms are muddy most of the time). So that was my first chore. Lysol floor cleaner, a good pair of gloves, a towel and my mop quickly became second nature as I went about cleaning Mother Earth from my house.

Once that chore was done, I allowed myself to drink my glass of iced tea and read some Scripture. I have not been feeling very peaceful with the grand dolls visit to the surgeon tomorrow to see if her legs are improving, so I decided that the Lord's Prayer was what I needed so Psalms 23 was where I was headed. What a breath of fresh air for my soul! It was like opening all of the windows in your home after a long winter when the first spring air begins to blow through.
After a few minutes of reading God's word and really asking God to protect my grand doll and allow things to be healing and improving, I finished my Bible study and prayer and decided that I could put the furniture back in the rooms I had mopped and I would tend to some other chores. 

The animals! ( Those are more work than the children in the morning). I don't like to wander too far from the house before daylight and certainly not when we can hear the coyotes each evening in the back. I decided that I could feed the chickens, ducks, and the cow that are near the house. While I was out, I decided that I might as well feed the rabbits as well. We only have 2 left and so they are fairly easy. I believe that this summer, we might get a couple more but we need to do some work on pens before we do that. MoonDoggie, is my favorite. He is black with a little white on him and such a sweet rabbit. I will have to get a pic of him later. Before I came back inside, I decided that my new bird feeding spot truly needed seed again, so I fed the birds as well. I need to get outside when it is a little warmer, as it is not this morning, and put another feeder out there. Chores truly are never done when on a farm, whether hobby or fully working farm.
 
Now, I am on to writing this for you and drinking my coffee. I need to get the husband's coffee on as well and wake him up. He had a tooth pulled a couple of days ago and has not felt the greatest so I have left him to sleep in a couple of days. Hopefully, today he is feeling much better. 

Pork loin with garlic creole marinade is on the menu tonight and I believe that my grand doll will be spending the night tonight. I will have her all day so I shall be fairly tired tonight. Until we meet again, keep your eyes on the goals at hand and keep your spirit in check.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024