Scrapbooks, Kids, and More

This post is a little different from most that I post here, but it is a way to share the many things that I try to keep up with here on the farm. I have two children, a stepson that I feel is more like me than my girls. and a grandchild. I have many photos of each of them, and I have started scrapbooks for them, but it seems that the scrapbooks never get worked on due to so many other things going on here. I would love to have a marathon scrapbooking event, but I just seem to never have the time.

My oldest two., as there is only three months difference in age between my oldest and my stepson, are 25 years old this year and I still do not have theirs finished. Each summer I think that I will get them done for Christmas, but it never happens. Part of the reason is that I do not have a space that I can put a table and my scrapbooking supplies and leave them in order to work when it is convenient. Our kitchen table is an important part of our lives and we actually eat there, so I can't leave the items there to be worked on. I do not have a spare room, so that makes it next to impossible to keep the items out.

Another problem is little fingers. I care for my granddaughter while her mom works and they live with us and so the fingers are here continually. I don't mind, but it is another reason that I can't leave things out and work on as time allows. I am attempting to find a place where it might be feasible, but so far nothing comes to mind.

Sorting photos would help and I am attempting to make some time to do that. However, even time for that can be minimal due to other activities that occur on a daily basis here. Right now, all free time is being spent attempting to rid our home of the clutter that twenty one years of marriage has brought us. I have accumulated items that I really do not have any idea where they came from or what they were for. Craft supplies went many years ago other than a few we kept or gained from 4 H or school projects. However, all scrapbook supplies and card making supplies were kept for future use.

Do you all scrapbook? If so, where and how do you find the time? Maybe some suggestions are just what I need!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner