It's WHAT Month

I believe Mother Nature is really confused about what month it is. With temperatures in the upper 60's and lower 70's in February, I am finding that even I am confused about what month it is.

Today,  the sun has been shining and a nice breeze but an absolutely beautiful spring day!  Key word, "spring" , it is not  spring! I don't know if it's global warming or something else.

If it's a sign of early spring, that's wonderful!  If it's a teaser,  I am truly upset that we are going to be sitting in frozen temps again soon. We haven't had much snow,  hardly any ice,  and the cold has not been too bad.

Normally our Feb. is cold and snowy and we can count on some ice, but this year has been a really strange one.  We may have snow in July but if we do,  I don't think I will be surprised.

Farm wives are very aware of what time of the year it is because we seem to know when it is time to start planting.  I am considering buying a small green house this spring.  It seems that I get in a hurry to plant and then the plants are ready to go outside before the weather is ready for them.

I plan to plant cauliflower, cabbage,onions,tomatos,cucumbers,broccoli, lettuce, peas, and green beans. I hope they do well and that we can have a nice salad with our meals. Since we are a hobby farm,  we don't do  business from here so I am not planting for sales just what we will eat.

Now that I have talked about it,  I am more than ready for spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24