Happy Homemaker Monday #2 -1/31/22

I am a little slow posting today as I have been trying to catch up on emails as well. I am also going to go through the stack of mail that my other daughter brought to me yesterday. I am thankful for the visit as I am truly getting homesick. I love my oldest daughter, but it would be nice to be home. I am thankful that she has opened her home to be and that she takes good care of me. So enough of that, here's my Happy Homemaker Monday.


:::: The Weather ::::

Has gone crazy! It is supposed to be in the mid 50's tomorrow before a strong storm system moves in and brings a winter storm. We are predicted to get 2-3 feet of snow! That will make it almost impossible for me to get out. Wheelchairs and snow aren't a good combination. 

:::: How I am feeling this morning ::::

I have already answered this, but let's just say I am feeling that I am ready for winter to end and spring to be upon us.

:::: On the breakfast plate ::::

I am drinking my Nestle Splash water. I usually don't eat much breakfast. Occasionally, my daughter and I will enjoy a quick breakfast.

:::: On my reading pile :::: 

I am reading my Bible daily. I am also reading a mystery titled Dark Summer by Iris Johansen. It's quite fascinating so far. I also plan to start Girl Wash Your Face today. I will add a new book as soon as I pick it up from the library too.

:::: On my TV ::::

I am currently not watching tv. I did watch an old episode of Maude last night as well as a show called Soap, which I don't believe I have ever seen before. My daughter does not have satellite or cable television because they don't watch much.

:::: On the menu this week ::::

Being that I am not cooking, I have no idea. I know I seen some smoked sausage come out of the freezer earlier, so that may be part of dinner tonight. Totally have no idea.

:::: From the camera ::::

I don't have my camera here. I can use the one from my phone, but I am unsure of how to get those onto the laptop. 

:::: Looking around the house ::::

I see the beautiful sunshine across my daughters' front yard. I am looking at my daughter clean house and wishing that I could help more. I hate being in this chair and non weight bearing for many more weeks.


::::  To do List ::::

I have mail to look at and decide what to do with it. I also have some affiliate work to do. I may do another post today that has to do with that, but totally not sure of a plan yet. I also need to do some team encouragement for my Pink Zebra business today.

:::: Today's devotional :::: 

As I have stated before I am currently doing The Bible Recap and I enjoy it tremendously. This is my second year using it to read through the Bible with. Today, the verse of the day was James 1:5
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of  God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

I will pray that all that are affected by the winter storm are safe and warm. I will pray for each of us to remain healthy.






                                        







Right now I am....
Thinking....
On my reading pile....
On my TV.....
Favorite blog post last week (mine or other)....
Something fun to share....
Blog hopping (newly discovered blog)....
On the menu for this week....
On my to do list....
In the craft basket....
Looking forward to this week....
Looking around the house....
From the camera....
On my prayer list.....
Bible verse, Devotional....

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are healing and know it must be difficult to be in someone's else's home for so long. Praying for patience and new creativity while you are off your feet.
    Safe times while this next storm blows through too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so different from being home. I am thankful for the rest I have gotten, but I am ready to be home and busy again. Thankful that I am able to work a bit while I am down.

      Delete
  2. A fun list. I'm just glad you are in the healing mode now and hope that time flies. Yes, I know it has to be very hard to be away from home. But one week down, maybe a little more. You'll do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been here for three weeks tomorrow. I am thinking I will go home next week.

      Delete
  3. Hope you recover quickly. Stay safe with the snow. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you have your daughter to take care of you! I have two and know that one or the other would step in if and when I need them and they do. Sons are a bit different. I have to call mine and request but that's okay. We are 70 degrees going down to 18 in the next few nights. Crazy weather all over the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay warm with temps like that. We are in the midst of a winter storm. It rained, sleeted, and now it is snowing

      Delete
  5. Praying for your recovery and healing. I too am reading the Bible again for the second time, and it's amazing how many things seem to be new, like I'm reading it for the very first time.

    We're having insane weather here in Texas, 71 yesterday, 60 today and then dropping to 20 and a snow storm blowing in. It's just not right hahah

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am amazed at the things I am learning even though I grew up in church. I believe that we just see different things at different times in our lives.

      Delete
  6. Prayers for continued healing and getting home soon. It's fortunate that your daughter can take such good care of you. Stay warm and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful for her and the care I am getting.

      Delete
  7. Praying that you will be home soon! What a wonderful daughter to help you! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are healing and hope your recovery continues to go swiftly and you get to return home soon. Ha, I can remember sneaking out of bed as young child and my parents watching Soap (it was a night-time soap opera back in the late 70's/early 80's if I recall correctly). Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats interesting, about Soap, as I don't remember it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24