Good Sunday Morning

 


I was hoping to share some of our latest adventures with you today, but I can't get my phone pictures to import to my computer. UGH!!! Some days, I truly hate technology! So I decided that instead of not doing a post at all, I will just use Google Images to share some thoughts with each of you today. 


I have once again decided to use The Bible Recap with Tara Leigh Cobble as my Bible reading for the year. I truly enjoyed it last year and learned many things from the study. Why change a good thing, right? I also use Podbean to listen to her as well. I managed to only miss about three days last year and I hope to complete it this year without missing any.  A dear friend of mine read and studied this as well and we found that we could bounce questions and thoughts off each other to understand some reading even better. 


I have also joined an online book club that  a fellow blogger, Colletta Miller has begun. Our first book of the year is Year of  Yes by Shondra Rhimes. 

I truly did not know who Shondra Rhimes was until I picked the book up at the library. She is a Hollywood powerhouse as she has created shows like Grey's Anatomy and Scandal. She produced How To Get Away With Murder. She's a star in her own right as she is an established author as well. I truly did not know who she was until I was introduced to this book. I believe it is going to be a great read and I am thrilled to be a part of a club to keep me motivated and held accountable. Check it out if you are looking for a short read. 

I am also reading a few other books currently as well. I am reading Every Time You Go Away by Beth Harbison right now and I have Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and Life After Darkness by Michelle Knight on my TBR stack at the moment. Michelle Knight, if you don't know, is one of the survivors of the Cleveland Kidnappings and was held captive for many years by Ariel Castro. She has written several books following her release and this one will be another great read, I am sure. She is an amazing young woman who has not allowed the monster to rob her of a life. He did for many years, but she has since reclaimed her life and found joy in living. What a powerful speaker she would be! I hope to meet her some day!

Christmas break for my granddoll is over today and we truly haven't been able to do many of the things that I intended to do. I will be looking for spring break and hopefully, a trip. I may just take her to do something for a day or two. I enjoy my time with her so very much. She has grown into quite a young lady since starting school this year. I am so thankful that we have had the opportunity to send her to a Christian school and I am thankful for the teacher that she has. 


I go to my preop appointment tomorrow and I will know more then as to what will happen once I have surgery. I pray that healing is fast and much easier than the last one, but the surgery will be more complex so I am sure that it will be slow as well. I will update you all once I know more. I will be staying with my daughter again for a bit, although it is not what I really want to do. 


Hope you all have a good day. 

Until our trails meet again, may your road be blessed!

Comments

  1. I hope your appointment goes well! Have fun with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those Grandchildren sure make me smile too:) Prayers for your surgery to go well and healing with be quick. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a quick recovery and peace while you are in recovery.
    Glad you could have a good time with your GrandDoll and blessing on you in this new year.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog. Happy new year ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024