A Day's Work On The Farm

Hello! Most days by work begins early and continues until around 11 p.m. I am usually up around 5:30 a.m. and I begin my day by having a cup of coffee and my devotional. I will also usually spend 30 minutes or so reading before Mr. F is up for the day as he likes to sleep till 7.

I always have his coffee made before he gets up and starts his day. Call it old fashioned or crazy, but I feel it is my place to have his coffee ready. I am already up and having coffee and it is not hard to place a K Cup into the coffee maker and make a cup of coffee. 
Since mornings are the only time we really have to talk to each other, this is our time to share what is planned for the day. His phone usually starts ringing by 8 a.m., so we usually chat for an hour before my work begins. First chore of the day, usually occurs around 8 a.m., as animals are wanting to know where their food is. LOL! A trip to the barn to feed horses, cows, chickens, and the pigs followed by feeding the dogs, cat, and checking on my father in law. 

Following that, I usually work the time that I am scheduled with the home health agency for my father-in-law and then I work on farm work again after lunch. During the time, I am with my father in law, I am cleaning and cooking for him and planning what the rest of my day will be like. 

Once my work is done there, I continue home to begin lunch and check emails. Once lunch is over and dishes are finished, I tend to cleaning the house, working on the plants outside, doing any yard cleanup that might need to be finished. Usually, I try to be finished with this by 3 p.m. so that I can make a quick trip to the bank , post office, or store if needed. 

From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., I attempt to work on my Pink Zebra business, learn new things about the Melaleuca business that my daughter is involved in, plan some activities for my grand doll for the week, and make phone calls. Those two hours go fast and I never finish all that I need to do. 

Time to begin dinner and you can almost always count on that being at least a two hour slot of time. I have a hard working husband and he enjoys his meat and potatoes meal. Even if he doesn't get many potatoes because of being diabetic. He is usually in by 6 to eat and I can't leave a dirty dish before I leave my kitchen. 

Following dinner, it is time to feed the dogs again, take my shower, finish paper work that I might need to do, catch up any orders that I have not finished for the day, or simply finish a letter, or possibly some preferred hobby, I might be working on. It is a busy day, but that is how our house works! 

Whew! I am tired just writing about it, so imagine living it. I love farm life and I love being a farm wife, but it is tough at times. 

Take care! 

Comments

  1. Tough for sure! But I think it is also healthy. You also have a lot of purpose in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to follow you through the day. Our lives are very different, but also very much alike. I prepare coffee the night before and have my coffee and quiet time on the couch with my candles lit. When my dearest gets up, I make coffee for the two of us, and after breakfast we do our daily devotions and share and talk about the day. That's where we differ....no farm here, just a senior complex...but I do love planning menus and camp in the kitchen most of the day, baking, or planning dinner. I don't like dirty dishes so always have a clean kitchen before we go to bed.

    Love how you share your life with us. Have a wonderful day and don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief...I'm tired just reading this. Your days are certainly filled to overflowing. Good for you and you start your day out right with the 2 most important things of the day...devotions and COFFEE..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tired just reading about your day! I hope you find some time to kick your feet up because you deserve. I am enjoying my morning coffee right now:) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024