Saturday 9 -Call Me

Saturday 9 : I may be a day late but it is here. 

Saturday 9: Call Me (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Chris Montez sings that you can always call him, regardless of the hour. Do you believe that it's ever too late to phone someone?

A. It truly depends on the situation. If it is an emergency, then no. I do not think you should call before 8 am or after 9 pm though just to chat with someone. 

2) He insists that you can depend on him, even when your friends desert you. Who is someone you can trust to have your back, no matter what?

A. My husband and my kids. I also have 5 friends that I can count on for anything!

3) Billy Crystal serenades Meg Ryan -- via answering machine -- with "Call Me" in When Harry Met Sally. Answering machines have been replaced by voice mail. Who most recently left you a voice mail?

A. My daughter asking me about something she was to pick up at the store. 

4) Chris Montez is a graduate of El Camino College in Torrance, California. The average daytime temperature in November in Torrance is 70º. How is the weather where you are today?

A. The weather here today is decent. It is supposed to be in the mid 50's and sunny, but a little windy. I am thankful to see the sun shine. 

5) Today Chris actively promotes a healthy lifestyle to children. He was honored for his efforts by the group SOPA (Stop Obesity, Promote Activity). Do you believe you get enough exercise?

A. I don't really set to do a certain amount on physical activity, but with the grand doll being here, I get plenty. I also live on a small hobby farm so I can always find something to do. 

6) Released in late 1965, "Call Me" became a big hit in 1966, reaching #2 on the charts. Even though it sold millions of copies and was certified as a Gold Record, it never hit #1. Is winning, or being the best, important to you?

A. I strive to do my best in all that I do, but it is not always winning and I truly don't care. 

7) In 1966, when this was playing on juke boxes, kids were watching Batman and Star Trek. If you had your choice of watching an episode right now, which would you choose: Star Trek or Batman?

A. I never liked Star Trek so it would have to be Batman. After all, who doesn't like a Super Hero?

8) Also in 1966, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was born. Do you enjoy cooking?

A. I do if I am not rushed. I enjoy baking and will begin Christmas cooking tomorrow. 

9) Random question -- You have the opportunity to perform in the circus! Would you rather be shot from a cannon, or put your head in the lion's mouth?

A. Neither, I would want to be a acrobat or a clown. 
___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24