Ornament Swap Fun

A few weeks ago I signed up to take part in an ornament swap with The Enchanting Rose and was anxiously looking forward to this. I personally have never participated in anything like this but was willing to step outside my comfort zone a little and participate. I am so glad that I did.

On Friday, I came home to a box sitting on my porch addressed to me. I could hardly get my grand doll in the house and settled so that I could open it! It was from Angela Specht of Pennsylvania who writes here. She had enclosed a few very nice ornaments and some comforting items like tea and chocolate.
This is a cute picture of everything together . However, with the excitement that came with this I had to get individual pictures of the items that she was so very kind to send.
Everything was so nicely tucked into this adorable stocking! I love the design!!
These three ornaments were tucked into the stocking. The jingle bell looks western and I love that! Being that my favorite animals are zebras and horses, I would say an ornament would be a little more difficult to find but the red deer works perfectly. Considering I have red garland on my tree, he works in well.  I love the blue ornament as it is dated and I can place her name on the back and why I have it. 
Look at these delicious snowmen chocolates that I received! I love snowmen!!!!! I love chocolate!! I somehow did not manage to get a picture of the tea that she sent but I am enjoying a cup of the lemon zinger at the moment and a couple of these delicious snowmen.  Three packs of tea which I have thoroughly enjoyed over the weekend. Hot tea is one of my favorite drinks at this time of the year.
Being that I just got  the lights and garland on the tree today, I do not have the ornaments out of the attic yet, so Ang yours are the first ones here. The deer looks cute hanging here. 
The star is closer to the top of the tree so my grand doll doesn't play with the jingle bells too much. I may add it to the bathroom décor in a couple of days since it fits well with the western theme in there. 
Finally, the dated ornament is placed on the tree closer to the bottom as I want my grand doll to see the numbers as we talk about the season. I am super excited to have these new ornaments on my tree!! Thank you so much Ang!!!!

I also received a nice note from her telling me a bit about herself. She and I have quite a bit in common actually and I wrote a nice thank you to her and letter and hope that we can quickly become friends here. 

I am so thankful that I participated and I hope to do the same next year. My package is in the mail and I don't want to spoil the surprise yet as to who I mailed to, but I hope she likes hers as much as I like mine. 

Merry Christmas!!



Comments

  1. Now that was fun!! What a cool thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a delight to see your goodies from Angela. I love how she tucked everything into the stocking :)

    I'm glad you were able to join the fun, dear Carol. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun idea and I am glad that Stephanie hosted this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way she tucked everything into a stocking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I loved the package you sent me. I haven't had time to send a personal note yet but I promise to write you after the holidays are over. - That ornament was so cute. I've posted on my blog so you can read my post if you want to. Thank you again for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I'm so glad you liked it all! It takes me a while to make my rounds in the blogging world, but here I am! It seems like I don't have a lot of "extra" time, so I usually visit everyone one evening when the kids are all occupied; and then come back again in a week or two.

    Anyways, I loved seeing the ornaments on your tree. Thank you for sharing that. I loved that stocking, too! We DO have a lot in common, and I'm very glad I got to meet you and have a new penpal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24