Thirsty Thursday

WELCOME ! It's almost the end of the work week and I decided that I would share a recipe that a friend of mine shared with me last week. It's going to be hot here today and tomorrow and we all know it is important to stay hydrated, so this Strawberry-Pineapple Cooler is the perfect late afternoon thirst quencher. 
I am usually an iced tea drinker and I rarely stray from that other than my coffee, but this was a treat. I could not find strawberry sherbet so I used the rainbow sherbet that I had on hand, but it was still tasty!
Yield: 6 tall glasses
Ingredients
  • 10 ounces frozen strawberries
  • 20 ounces crushed pineapple
  • strawberry sherbet (1 pint)
  • vanilla ice cream (1 pint)
  • Club soda
Instructions
  1. Place half of the strawberries, pineapple, sherbet, and ice cream in a blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
  2. Repeat with the remaining half. Stir the two batches together in a large bowl.
  3. Serve by filling a glass 2/3 full with the mixture, and then slowly add club soda to the top. Give it a small stir with the straw before sipping.
  4. Optional: garnish with a pineapple chunk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024