Saturday 9 - Walk The Moon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Shut Up + Dance (2014)

1) This is about a man who meets the woman who is his destiny on the dance floor. Do you think we each have One Great Love preordained by fate? Or do you think life offers each of us many opportunities for romance?
I don't believe in fate because I believe that things are destined by God and planned by Him. However, I do believe that as humans we get off that track and can still find love in many instances in our lives. I just believe that it may not have been the one true love we were to experience. 

 2) Lead singer Nick Petricca says this song is inspired by a true story. He was all keyed up and his girlfriend dragged him onto the dance floor, insisting that dancing would cheer him up. Therefore he considers this song an "anthem to letting go and having fun." Think of the last time you really had fun. Who were you with? What were you doing?
In April when I went on vacation with my friends to Williamsburg, VA. We really had fun while we were there.

3) The dance floor incident that inspired this song took place in Echo Park, an LA neighborhood located near Elysian Park and Chinatown. Tell us about your village or city. Do the neighborhoods have interesting names?

Well, somewhat interesting names. Peoga, Gnaw Bone. I live in an area known as Spearsville and it is very small.  


4) Walk the Moon promoted this record by a performance on Good Morning America. Are you enthusiastic and energetic at 7:00 AM? Or do you hit your stride later in the day?I'm a farm lady so getting up early and being energetic is a usual day here. I remember that even as a teen, I liked to be up early. 

5) "Shut Up + Dance" is the biggest hit by Walk the Moon. The bandmembers met as at Kenyon, Ohio's oldest private college. Tell us about something that's old and revered where you live. 
Locally, there is a store near us that has been here since the early 50's and the locals seem to enjoy telling stores about it. The elderly lady that ran it just turned it over a couple of years ago and I sure miss her. She was 94 the last day she was there. 

 6) Walk the Moon took their name from the Police song, "Walking on the Moon." What's your favorite song by Sting and/or The Police?
I love the song "Private Eyes".  

7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Robin Williams took his own life. What's your favorite Robin Williams performance?
Robin Williams was a true soul to all that he did. I believe that he gave whole heartily to all that he did in the years that he performed or acted. I believe that RV was probably by favorite, but Mrs. Doubtfire, Mork and Mindy, and Good Morning Vietnam were all excellent as well.

 8) Also in 2014, the Apple Watch was introduced. Are you wearing a watch as you answer these 9 questions?
No. I have never wore a watch much because I have always had small wrists and never could find a good fitting one. 


9) Random question -- You must create a coat of arms for yourself, representing your life and spirit. Which of these items would you place at the center: a heart, a sword, or a pen?

 I would place a heart and a pen intertwined at the center because I love to write.



 
Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!

I have enjoyed this week's theme and look forward to next week. I hope that these continue for awhile and I hope to make some new friends from here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024