The Turkey is Loose and Other Interesting Things

Anyone who has ever lived on a farm or around animals knows that being prey is not a good thing. Our turkeys became prey to some animal this past week and we lost two of them as well as a couple of hens. One turkey belonged to my oldest daughter and she was such  a friendly turkey that she would let you pet her and she would eat out of your hand. Unfortunately, she became turkey dinner to something this week. Now our male Tom Turkey has been turned loose and is free to roam in order to protect himself a little more until we can figure out a new pen for him.

Tom seems to enjoy being around the other chicken coop and finds that the guinea is quite a protection as nothing gets near that pen because of the noise she will make. It can be quite annoying, but it is a great asset on the farm. Guineas will eat many bugs a day as well as they are quite a deterrent to anything prowling around.
In case you are not aware of what a guinea looks like. This is one. My grand doll says it is my guinea pig! Gotta love babes!!


It has been a busy week here and I am thankful that it is Sunday and for the most part, life should settle a bit. I have cut the hours that I am working at the home health agency and I am focusing on my Pink Zebra business and my grand doll. She is a full time job with lots of benefits. I plan to focus on teaching her quite a bit this summer as well as having some fun with her! I am thinking that I want to set up some type of schedule for her since it seems that she is simply all over the place with me and I find that I am wearing down by 2 p.m. I may work on a calendar style activity center later today.

 Yesterday I attended and helped set up a graduation party for a dear friends' son. It was such a bittersweet moment as he was born it seems yesterday and now has matured into a pleasant young man that is willing to help others and seems to know what he wants out of life. He is mature and hard working as well as kind to his family. You don't see that much in kids these days.

I also attended a surprise 30th wedding anniversary party for my dear friend Libby and her husband. I guess Libby and I have been friends much longer than that considering that I was a bridesmaid for her on that special day. I was friends with the bride and groom so I feel as though they are family. Her two girls and my daughters were each born within a few months of each other. Their anniversary party took place in the same church that they were married in and still attend today. What a special moment for the two of them!!

I am going to be cleaning our camper out today because we are getting a new one. My husband has decided that he wants something a little bigger and that we should get something with a larger bed and something to accommodate the grand doll a little better so we have. A friend of his is working with an RV place and they had one that they were remodeling because of some water damage. We looked at it on Thursday and actually traded my husbands truck that we were thinking of selling for the camper. It is newer than ours and a bit bigger. It will be nicer to have a bed for the grand doll and possibly me when I need to sleep with her.

I also need to hoe the garden and mow if time allows. I really just want to sit and read the book that our dear Linda, a fellow blogger sent to me a week or so ago. I might get in another chapter for the day. I did sit on the patio this morning and read a bit. I really need to get off here and get busy before it gets too hot.

May God bless until our trails meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024