Snow Storm - The Day After

Snow Apocalypse has left the state and we are in for a beautiful sunny day with very cold temps. I must say that we look as though we live in a snow globe and the scenery from the winter is beautiful, but I am thankful that it is over. I am not a fan of snow or cold and have truly questioned why I live here currently. 

The Front Yard


The Side Yard

Do you notice on this photo that the snow is almost to the bottom of the picnic table bench? I know it truly looks like a mess in the yard and it is at times, but we keep it much cleaner looking in the spring and summer and I have big plans for it this year. 
From the back porch

Now, this shows just how messy our porch is. There are many items here that were set here before I had surgery to be stored in the garage and barn, that no one ( mind you, three other adults live here) could put away for me. I never leave my chairs open for snow to sit in them, but no one seemed to consider that and I can't get out to do anything with them. 

This is taken from my front window. 

We have a metal roof and we have discovered that they are quite dangerous really. The snow build up on them can come crashing down and in this picture, you can see the ice that is building up to fall, but look at how pretty the icicles are that form from it. 
Metal roofs are also not a good idea in case of a fire as it does not allow easy access into the attic. We thought we were doing a good thing when we had it put on, but we are rethinking it now. 

If you are a fan of bath bombs, I highly recommend that you check out my Etsy page here. My daughter has chosen to open a bath bomb business and I will be listing for her here. She is a single mom of a 5 year old and a 4 month old and is trying to find a way that she can stay home and provide for her girls at the same time. I pray that this is one thing that will help. We help financially as we can, but she is currently struggling a bit and so, I am hoping that the many avenues that she is trying now will be an asset to her. 

Until our trails meet again, may your trail be blessed and your ride be smooth!
















Comments

  1. That is a LOT of snow, and it is beautiful, as are the icicles. I hope you have mentioned to everyone that you could use some help! Maybe they just didn't think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mention it daily and it does no good. I am used to things being left to me to do, but I am just not able to at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear your snow is done now. It's still snowing here right now and so cold.
    Best of luck with the bath bombs. They seem to be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is snowing right here now. We are having another 1-3 inches and we may get a freezing mix on Sunday/Monday

      Delete
  3. Amazing snowfall...Brrrrr...
    Stay safe and I hope the adults in your family will step up and help out since you can't do it yourself.
    Be safe with that metal roof..I hadn't thought about the problems that could happen..it seeded like the best idea..seems there is always something to be concerned about.
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowfall is pretty ,but now it is snowing again and I am tired of it. My daughter will help a bit, but she has two children to care for and truly doesn't have time. The other two won't do much. My husband doesn't feel he should and my mother won't do anything here at all and yet, she is perfectly able.

      Delete
  4. That is a lot of snow and ice. Stay warm

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner