Sunday Morning Thoughts

As I have been trying to really keep up with my daily devotional and my prayer lists this year as well as making sure I study a bit online as well, I am brought to this verse today. I know many people do not read the King James Version of the Bible these days, but it is what I grew up with and it is the one I still find myself reading the most. 

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Psalms 103:1 (KJV)   Aren't these powerful words? With all the crazy that is in our world these days and all the news that we are not sure of what is true, but within me I want to bless His holy name! 

As I have reflected on the events this week, I decided that I wanted to wait to write a post as I did not want to get involved with the political scum that is going on. Whether Republican, Democrat, Liberatarian, or any other party that you or I might be intertwined with, are we not still American? Do we not still hold to the values of our forefathers? Do we not see that the division that is in our country is headed to destroy us? 

God knows our hearts and He is still in control, whether we believe that or not. Things that I have been taught in church all my life are coming into play before my eyes. It is sad to think that the crazy we live in now will get worse, but it will. The Bible says it will! We, as believers in Christ, must stand strong and we must keep our eyes on Him and we must praise Him during these times in the valley as much as we do our time on the mountains in life. 

Life on the farm has been going on just as always. I had a decent doctors' appointment on Thursday. My foot is healing well, but he is still worried about the swelling. Anyone have ideas? I ice and elevate and that doesn't seem to be helping much. The hubs went to his follow up on Wednesday and it was good news as well. We are both on the mend. Praise God!!!!

I have reached out to a few of you the past two weeks or so, because I am being led to by God. I feel that many times I hear His voice, but feel I am too busy at the moment to do what He is asking, but I am changing that and I am doing as I am asked. If anyone here needs a friend to write to, talk to, or share something with, I am here! Many of us struggle these days and it truly doesn't hurt to reach out and make a new friend! 

January on the farm is such a grey time! Luckily, our weather has not been horrible, but so cloudy and grey. With the foot surgery, I am unable to do any farm type chores and that makes me sad, but I am looking forward to the day, I am able to see the horses, chickens, etc.  As my husband and I went to the hardware store last night, I began to look at seeds, a small greenhouse, etc. I think I would like to have something like that this year, but I truly am not sure that I will be up to such a chore. 

Looking into February, I will begin to really think about what I want to do and how much time I want to put into gardening this year. I know I want to move some flower beds this year and I want to make some new ones based on whether we redo our front porch or not. I also know I want to make some plans to renovate some of the house.  Planning is so easy when you are stuck at home with nothing else to do. 

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday! 

Comments

  1. Good Sunday morning! Thank you for this post. I am sad for our Country and the division we are seeing. I pray daily for America and all of us! Enjoy your day and keep healing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see you! You are so right about the political situation, and it is so very sad. A mini greenhouse sounds so good! I sure hope you are up to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sad place we live in right now with all the division.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that God will give you the desires of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2021...political hopes...peace...positive...vaccine...soon maybe many will get vaccine...God on His throne and answering prayers...America will be back...love love your blog...here in Indy waiting on vaccine to move to Florida near other family for awhile...I have isolated since March...amazed that others go out and about all the time...you have done great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am in Indiana as well. I pray America can find a way to peace. I am getting my vaccine soon due to being a healthcare worker.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24