Good Sunday Morning from the farm.


This photo is not what it looks like here today as we are having snow showers and we have snow on the ground. As I was searching Google Images this morning for another post, I found this and decided that it was the perfect photo for today!


I am praying for a dear family member today that lost her husband yesterday. He had been sick for a very long time with MS and struggled daily with those symptoms as well as Alzheimer's. Her and their three daughters had suffered along side him as they attempted to keep him home for a long time and had recently brought him home as well. It has been a long, hard, sad journey for them and now they are at the end of it, but I am fully aware that the end is the hardest. 

Our journeys can be the same. As young mothers, we struggle with sleepless nights, crying babies, sick babies, and the every day chores that can seem to be never ending. Yet, the day our children leave our homes is one of the hardest days in our lives. Hard journey, harder ending.

A job that you have gone to daily for many years, a job that you have dreamed of leaving, a job that can seem to take all your time away from your family. Yet, the day the job ends can be such a sad day for many. Hard journey, harder ending.

A young man or woman sitting in a doctor's office hears one word, "cancer" and suddenly, their whole life flashes before their eyes. What's next? Will I survive? How will I tell my family? What's my cancer journey going to be? Chemo, radiation, and many sick days while the struggle to live is exactly what keeps them motivated and fighting. A new scan says it is in remission. Another scan 2 years later, those three words are heard, "cancer has returned". Hard journey, harder ending. 


So many examples of this could be given, but isn't life all about the hard journey? It comes with the harder ending. At some point, we all must go to our forever home. It isn't easy on our loved ones, but for those that are accepting of Christ, we know they are going to their best home.  

Comments

  1. Well said. I know where I'm going but it truly is so hard on those left behind.
    I'm so sorry for the loss of one in your family. Praying for the Loving, kind arms of Jesus to wrap around all of you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we are never really happy all the time because this is not our real home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss. It's never easy to lose a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope there is family nearby that can help the surviving spouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure she will be helped a great deal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner