Surgery Update

Just a quick post to let everyone in my blog world know that my grand doll came through surgery just fine. She is in some pain, but all hardware is gone from the right leg as it is now straight (Praise God!) Her left leg had to have all the hardware replaced in it as the doctor was concerned that the plate might be bent from the screw being broken off. She said it did not appear to be but that she wanted to make sure that all was well. Praise God once again!

 I am thankful for a doctor that explains what is going on and gives us the information that we need to make correct choices. I am also thankful that she is doing well. She has been walking since about 3 hours after surgery, although slower and with some help. I truly believe she thinks that she can't walk due to the bandages on her legs. At age 3, I will say that she is a real trooper. I told her today that she was a super hero!

I am still not well, but doing better. Mother in law is in rehab getting the care that she needs. I am hoping that my husband and I can possible sneak away this weekend one night and get some well deserved alone time!!!

My super hero with her baby chick on her shoulder!

Comments

  1. Prayers for your Grand-sweetie, your Mother-in-law and YOU! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Now my dear husband is down with the whole sinus congestion, cough, etc that I had. UGH! I am more than ready for spring!!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get that alone time! Sending prayers for your Granddaughter and MIL! Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning a small trip for myself with some friends so that I can get a break from them.

      Delete
  3. Look at that precious doll baby. 3 year olds are amazing with their resilience and how they just roll with the punches. She is just adorable. God bless her little body.

    I hope you get well soon, too, and that you and hubby are able to sneak away for some much needed time alone.

    Happy week to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. Yes, she amazes me with her resilience. Hubby and I hopefully, might get away this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I've been catching up on your recent posts and you are truly in overload. Hope all are on the road to complete recovery. And you need to take the time to take care of yourself, too. Blessings to you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, the grand doll is on the mend and to complete recovery. Hubby and I are both feeling some better although the cough still lingers. My mother in law may be released from rehab on Wed of next week and she is not better mentally at all. I am so concerned about her being home with the way she is.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your grand doll came through surgery okay....Thanks so much for stopping by!! I decorated my house the same way I do now even when my boys were young. They got their hands slapped if they went to touch anything ( like I did when I was a child) and soon learned not to bother anything. Even our dogs never touched a thing in our house!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner