Another Sick Week and Grand Doll Updates

Well, the farm certainly needs to see some sunshine, feel the spring warmth, and give us some time to heal and feel better. Sick is the word of the week here!  It seems that everytime I feel better it is only for a day or two and then watch out!

As most of my faithful readers and friends know, I have been extremely busy with my mother in law. Something happened with her 2 weeks ago this past Friday following a urinary tract infection and things spiraled fast downhill. We are still having hallucinations of bugs and worms, but she is fully alert and can tell us what is going on each day and where she is, date, President and many other important details. Seeing multiple doctors and visiting three hospitals, did not get us any answers and has actually caused more issues due to the changes that were made in her meds.  I have tried for over a week now to get her into a rehab facility where she can receive more specialized care and some physical therapy that she desperately needs. It's a battle but I may be winning.

My husband came down sick this past week due to the stress with his mom and being in and out of so many "sick" places. The doctor started him on antibiotics and Prednisone last week to open his lungs up. She said he had some type of illness started and she wanted to get a jump on it. Of course, I do not like Prednisone as it certainly can alter your personality and after taking two days of it, I can see that he is short tempered and a little grouchy. I have to look over him.

I slept most of the day yesterday as I am just tired of being busy and playing doctor and nurse to my mother in law. I have done research on meds, infections, and tried to figure out what happened with her that we are having such hallucinations. I have also had to keep close watch on her skin being that she is diabetic and she had places where she seems to have caused the skin to bust open from picking at worms so much. It is just a crazy life right now!!

As most of you also know, my grand doll was diagnosed with Blount's Disease and you can read about it on a separate post. I don't have the link at the moment. She went through surgery to fix the problem and I am thrilled to say that one leg is now straight. Her right leg is exactly as it should be and on Wednesday, she will have surgery to remove the pins and plate that are in there to stop the growth plate from moving. I am happy to say that we are seeing progress with the left as well, but it was worse and so we still have some time on it. However, the surgeon does need to open it as well because she has broke a pin in it and they will replace it this time. She will be down a couple of days, but that is ok as she is getting better. Praise God!!

The baby chicks are getting too big for the tote that they are in but we are still trying to get a chicken coop so I will be doing something different with them this week. I am just not sure of what yet. I will take a picture of them soon and share here, but for now I must get busy with laundry.



The light of my life!

Until we meet again, may your trail be blessed and your ride be smooth!

Comments

  1. Oh Carol, Your life sure has a lot of issues right now.
    Praying for peace and renewed energy and that your MiL will get the help she really needs...bucking the system is difficult.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue of photowannabe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Life is hard at the moment.

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh Carol. you have a full plate for sure, you must be worn out! I hope things improve for you soon,, so much stress is not healthy at all but what can we do right? that quote , until we meet again is lovely,, take care,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner