Sunday Tidbits

Life here on the farm has been full of challenges lately and I am ready for some changes. Many of you are aware of the surgeries that my grand doll has had on her legs, but I am happy to say that following the last one, which removed the pins and plate from her right leg, she has recovered nicely and is a ball of energy again. Praise God that her right leg is finally straight and pray that the left one straightens up as well.

I can't remember if I have shared much about my mother in law or not, but she has been suffering with hallucinations for over a month now and we truly have  no idea as to what has caused them. Doctors have made medicine changes and "guessed" at many things. Her time in rehab is almost over and so we are at a point that we must decide whether she comes home or goes to assisted living and I believe that is the direction we are heading. Her husband is 10 years older than her and so he truly is not capable of taking care of her in the manner she needs. She has home health but she truly needs more care than I feel they can give.

The weather across the United States seems to be bi-polar and I am truly ready for spring. I am over the rain, snow, and cold. I am tired of the wood stove and the work that comes with it. I am just ready for spring. Here is a picture taken out my front door this morning.
It rained all day yesterday and sometime around 7 pm. we began having ice and snow. UGH!!! My yard needs to be cleaned up and grass seed planted and I need to be outside. I can't do any of that with this kind of weather and it is not to warm up much above the 40's for  a few days. 
 
I decided when I went to get my hair cut on Friday that I truly needed to buy some flowers for the house. I needed something that shouted spring for my home. I found some fresh flowers at Kroger on sale and decided that I would bring them home. 
 I actually got two vases of flowers out of them. I set one in the kitchen and one in my living room so that I could enjoy them. I may have to go see if I can find more this week.

My husband must have spring fever as well. He has been buying bird seed lately and he surprised me with this bird feeder a few days ago. It has space for two suet cakes and the large feed area. I love it and asked him if he would place it on a large column outside my window so I can actually see the birds better. My grand doll has suddenly been fascinated with birds as well.

I also hung this little sign that a friend of mine got for me around Christmas. I think it's message is very clear. It's great advice for all of us!
Another thing we are doing around the farm is repairs and remodels. The house is our biggest challenge and so we are slowly doing some to it. My kitchen is probably my least favorite room of the house and so I believe that little things make a huge difference. My husband installed a new kitchen faucet for me this week and I love it! 
What do you think? The little pump is called a lotion bottle, but I put hand soap in it as we are always washing our hands here. I will be painting this room this week and putting some wallpaper up as a backsplash. I will show you before and after pictures when I get done. 

Have a great Sunday! Until we meet again, may your trail be blessed and your ride be smooth.


Comments

  1. You sure have a lot on your plate these days. I can only imagine your frustration at the winter weather lasting so long. In Texas, only August seems to last for 3 months instead of one.
    Bless your heart with all you have to deal with. I will be praying for you as you bless and care for so many.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that your Grand-doll is doing well and getting a spring in her step. Having again loved ones is a challenge to let them still have some freedom but taken care of. Sending warm Spring hugs your way and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Springy flowers. They certainly brighten up everything.
    You sure sound busy, and I love the new bird feeder. Looking forward to some photos of it being used.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24