The Window

As I sit here this morning, I am reminded of the wonderful world around us by nothing more than the window. My computer sits by a window that faces the east and due to the cool mornings that we are having, I am able to open it to allow fresh air in each morning.

As I set down here this morning, I just looked and listened a few minutes. I see my granddolls' swing set and bicycle and it reminds me of the innocence that children have and how much I would like to never allow her to experience anything bad. It reminds me that we all need to play a little more and work a little less. Enjoy life instead of life controlling us.

I see a beautiful pink hue to the sky as the sun begins to peek from behind the trees and just above the horizon. How thankful we have been for sunny days lately and specifically, the many farmers near us that have needed a break in the rain to get their planting done. However, it also reminds me of the prayers that need to be sent up for those farmers in Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas where it seems as though the rain will never stop and even if it does so many have lost their livelihood to the water this year.

I see trees that will later today bring some shade from the sun. I am reminded how strong those trees are rooted in the ground and yet, how easily it seems that the wind can knock them down. Much like us, we are strong, but with a whisper or even a slight breeze, God can completely change our lives.

I hear a few roosters crowing, which I enjoy for a bit then it seems to annoy me. I want to yell out the window and say, I hear ya and I'm up. I realize though that he is doing the job that God gave him. He is nature's alarm clock. For some reason, it reminds me that God has perfect timing and a perfect plan for the world outside the window.

I hear the ducks quacking. I often wonder why such an odd sound for a duck. They are magnificent creatures and yet, such an odd sound. If anyone has enjoyed all of the rain, I am sure it has been these 4 animals on the farm, but I believe they have had enough this year as well. I have noticed that they are beginning to avoid the wet area of their pen and that when they are loose, they never seem to be "playing" in the water.

I hear birds singing a beautiful song. I often wonder if they were designed to give nature a morning song after the annoying crow of the alarm clock. Birds remind me of church bells for some reason today. I think of church bells as being our reminded that all if well in God's world and maybe that is why the birds sing such a beautiful song early in the morning.

I hope you have enjoyed the window as much as I have. (There are borrowed pictures, but I could not get mine to load.)

Comments

  1. I love the observations you see from your window. It looks like a lovely place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I do appreciate the area that I live in as it is fairly quiet and peaceful.

      Delete
  2. So love the views from your window...Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--- I wish you a good day too.

      Delete
  3. I love that you get to live full time on a farm! We are going down to the ranch in the morning and I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know how much you love the farm--- ENJOY!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Great post. thanks! Cheers from cArole's chatter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24