Primitive Farm Decor

I am looking to add some primitive farm décor to my home as we remodel a bit. I started by painting a bread box today. This was blue with geese on the front of it and now it is a solid chalk matte color and I may paint my knife holder the same color as I like it.
 I may paint bread on the front of it, but I am not sure that I want to do that yet. What do you think?
Should I paint something on the front of it or just leave it be? I truly love the color and it is going to be perfect with the kitchen when it is finished. See the cow curtains behind it? They will be gone soon too as we will have drywall there or bifold doors. I am so excited! 

I am not feeling well as I have a head cold, but I am glad that I painted this today while my grand doll was with her mom. I am thankful that I can keep her but thankful to have some time to accomplish some of the work that I am wanting to get finished. My husband and I replaced our entry way floor yesterday. It had old ceramic tile on it and it is now hardwood laminate flooring. 

Life on the farm is beginning to go in a different direction and I am excited. After 12 years or longer here and nothing being done, it is time for some changes. 

Comments

  1. What about a stencil? Joy at A Vintage Green is amazing and I get a lot of great ideas from her. Or rather I use HER great ideas!! Love that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look for the breadbox, perhaps something on the front would be nice:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it when people reuse old things instead of rushing out to buy the newest. I suggest sitting it in the place you will be using it and look at it for a few days. It usually takes me a while to decide what I really want.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24