Just a Look at the Farm


This is just going to be a random post that showcases some of the beauty I see each day. Being Sunday morning, it is a time to be thankful for what we have. I am thankful that this cow is now meat in the freezer. Many wonder how you can raise them knowing that they will be meat and I know many feel is it not proper to do that. Farm life is one of knowing the cycle of life and what animals are for. 

Remember the baby calves that my husband brought home, well here they are a month or so ago. They are getting big and are not as friendly as they were, but still not too bad. They know I bring food. 
Of course, I am always blessed by this little one. She is such a joy most of the time. She loves to help in the kitchen and I hope that I can instill a love of cooking in her. We are starting to do a little more in the kitchen. We made Reese's Peanut Butter cupcakes the other day. They were delicious!!!
For some reasons, Snickers seems a little blurry in this picture, but this is the little ones' pony. She is a sweet treat here on the farm. Well loved for sure!!! She loves apples and carrots.
This was taken at Bass Pro Shop in Missouri, but it shows her at some of her best. She loves to ride the 4 wheeler ( with a helmet, of course) and she loves to ride in my side by side( like a golf cart) and on the tractor. I can't imagine the miles she has logged on these vehicles. Simple joy!!!
This is a picture of my father in law. He is such a special man. He has a speech impediment due to biting the end of his tongue off in a ballgame many years ago. He is the heart of this place. He still wants to feed and water the animals every day. He gets along good to be 80 years old. He is a real sweet heart!!!
Our farm dog. LOL! No, she is not really a farm dog, but she is the only dog here and she is a fierce protector and she loves the chickens. She is such a cutie but oh how I wish she did not bark. This is Jazzy!! 



Comments

  1. I love getting to see what you see! How awesome to live where you do!
    We were at Bass Pro shop today after church. Louis Dean bought some things for fishing at the ranch this week. Then we ate lunch at the steakhouse there.
    Love visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised on a farm so I understand! What we ate came from the yard and the garden:) Enjoy your day on your beautiful farm dear friend. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazzy is cute and what a good name.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24