Grand Doll Surgical Update - Our Road With Blount's Disease

For many of my readers that have followed the story of my granddoll and our road with Blount's Disease and her surgery, I finally have some news worth sharing with all of you. On Monday, we made the trip to the surgeon and expected to hear the same news that we have heard for almost a year now, " Looks good". We did hear those same words, but I am also thankful to say that the surgeon stated that we will be back to see her in Feb. and that we will discuss taking the pins and plate out of the right leg. Woo Hoo!!!!

The left leg still has some straightening to do, but the right leg looks almost perfectly straight on the x-ray and the surgeon stated that she believes that it will be ready to remove the hardware and allow the leg to grow on it's own and that she should continue to grow straight. The left leg has made a tremendous improvement but we still have some time with it. I am thrilled! The surgeon says that she is hoping for a full straighten on it as well with time.

We have noticed a huge change in the way she walks and runs as well. We can see the left leg improvements with our eyes. It has been a huge relief for all of us and we were told that her hips are even lining up correctly now. It has been a journey but I am starting to see some light at the end of this dark tunnel.

This child is my world at the moment and I can't imagine her living the way she was forever. Her bowed legs were cute but I am thankful that they are straightening. I am thankful to hear that the hips are lining up as well because that was one of the concerns because they were so out of line. Also, the left knee is not bearing as much weight now because the weight is being more evenly distributed on both legs and where it should be and not her knee.

Thank you to each reader that has asked about her and asked for follow up reports. I will tell you more in Feb. after our next appointment. Until then, I will leave you with a photo.
How could you not love this adorable tiger? 

Comments

  1. Praying for this cutie! I pray that the days ahead are better and better! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Theresa! She is doing better and I am thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24