Bruised and Battered

Hello world! It's a good morning here on the hobby farm that I choose to call my life, except for being bruised and battered. I will explain more on that later. Just be thankful that you woke up this morning and that you have a breath in you to be able to tell someone special to you just how special they are.

We had a wonderful vacation in Branson, Missouri. The hotel that we stayed in looked like a castle on a hill. It was Chateau on the Lake, which was just minutes from downtown and absolutely an amazing resort! If you enjoy classy lodging, this is it at it's finest! Chateau on the Lake has about all you need if you don't want to leave the resort including dining, bar, a sweet shop, and even laundry facilities for guests. Absolutely one of my favorite parts of our vacation.

We did not take in a show while in Branson, but we did see the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. I did not care as much for it as I did the one we went to several years ago in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, but it was still fun. I recommend a show but I recommend that you see the fountain shows at Branson Landing. We were thoroughly impressed with them! 

While we were gone, I was able to mark several things off of my bucket list. I was able to see the St. Louis Gateway Arch, see the Mississippi River, and marked two states off my list that I had never been too. Missouri and Arkansas. The next time we go, I will drive into Oklahoma because I have always wanted to do that!!

Anyway, we returned home on Saturday because I had a Pink Zebra event on Sunday. It was a fundraiser for a scholarship in memory of two young men that lost their lives trying to rescue their friend that fell off a local dam. She did survive but has traumatic brain injuries and will never have the same life that she did. She is still a beautiful soul! One of the families that lost their son was a family that I knew well growing up and I am sure the pain is the same now as it was three years ago. I just felt compelled to attend their fundraising efforts. I was saddened that on such a beautiful Sunday afternoon the foot traffic at the event was very slow. Even the benefit ride was not as full as I had expected. My thought was how quickly people forget that these young people mattered to someone. 

While there setting up our booth in the vendor area, we were told that the restaurant across the street was furnishing breakfast for all of us. When we finished our booth, I decided that breakfast was a good idea so we went across the street and got breakfast. Deciding that we should not leave our booth unattended, we were taking breakfast back there and as we crossed the street suddenly, the sidewalk jumped right up and tripped me and down I went hard and made a very solid face plant right into that sidewalk. ( Seriously, I believe I tripped on the curb). People came rushing to my aid asking if I needed ice or an ambulance, but I just needed a minute to catch my breath and figure out if I was okay. 

I decided that ice on my knee might be a good thing as my right knee took quite a hit. Also, my left hand where I attempted to keep my face from going into the sidewalk. My nose was busted and bleeding, so I needed a wet rag. I thought I would be ok though. Well, I guess I'm okay, but battered and bruised.  My nose is broke and my eyes are black, more the left side, but some on the right. My left hand is badly swollen, but not sore. My knees look bruised and scraped and my right is still very sore. The left side of my face is swollen and I have a knot above my eye on that side and a cut that is beginning to heal. I scratched my glasses extremely bad and will have to replace them. Let's just say falling is not for sissies- it hurts! 

Also, I started working another part time job because my car is being totaled by the insurance company so that means more bills so I figured it was what I needed to do. If I'm not a pretty sight to begin a new job, but I quickly explained why I was so battered and bruised. The job is as a courier at the library and it has not been easy with being as sore as I am, but I have been doing it. Scheduled three days this week, today being the last, I will be glad to see the day done.

Enough about me, have a good day and be thankful that you are able to walk, talk, think, etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24