Bean Soup and Buffalo

The weather here on the farm has turned a bit cooler and so what makes for a better dinner than a pot of beans? Yes, bean soup and cornbread is dinner for tonight. I am thinking that I might make a pumpkin pie later today as well, but I know that the beans are going to taste delicious!
 My daughter and her friend and I attended a horse show today and visited with another friend of hers. The girl who was showing had several ribbons already from the show. Her horse, Whiskey is a Saddlebred and he is beautiful. He does amazing in show! However, we had to purchase hot chocolate while we there due to the cool morning. I believe the low today was 42 degrees F and the wind chill made it feel even cooler.
 Autumn is upon us it feels like and we will soon be sliding around on the slick icy roads of winter, which I am not fond of. The weather can be very different here in a matter of a few hours and that makes dressing for the day a little harder.

 This photo is of a bison that we seen while we were in Georgia this year. It is at a really nice family friendly wildlife park in Savannah. We enjoyed all of the animals but he was one of my favorites.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024