Book Review - Loving You, Thinking of You, Don't Forget to Pray by Jacqueline L Jackson

Loving You , Thinking of You, Don't Forget to Pray by Jacqueline L. Jackson



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr shares letters that his mother wrote to him while he was imprisoned for using campaign money for personal expenses in this book. I must say that Mrs. Jackson offers her son amazing advice throughout the book as well as attempts to keep him updated on friends, family, and the world news. Many of these letters are personal and many of them are filled with advice, but her most important words throughout the book are " don't forget to pray" and encouragement to remember that you are important even if incarcerated. The book is a true show of a mothers' love for her son. It also offers a glimpse into life of a loved one that has a son or daughter locked up. It is a nice read and an easy read. 



This book was a nice break between the many other books I have been reading for the summer. I would recommend it as a quick read just to remind ourselves that there is not romance, murder, or mystery within each story that needs to be told. The book is all letters that are written to Mr. Jackson from his mother and the encouraging words that she has given him is simply a written love letter from a mother to her son. 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I did and it was such a different type of read.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a book I would enjoy too. I read mostly mysteries but I like to mix it up. Thanks for the good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very encouraging, nice read. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24