A Day At The Zoo

 As promised, I am going to share some of our zoo photos with my readers here. It was a nice day at a small zoo, but each kid had fun as did the adults. 

This past week, we visited Columbian Park Zoo in Lafayette, Indiana. It is a seasonal zoo and located right in town near a park and a water park that could easily allow a family to spend a whole day in the three areas and have a lot of fun without breaking the bank. The admission to the zoo for three adults and three kids was with a train ride and feed tickets for the goats was $16!!!


This is in front of the farm area. Now, why do farm kids want to see the farm animals? I really don't understand, but it seems that is where they want to head first. Oh, maybe because the baby goats are there and the older goats are all over you and expect feed out of your hand. 



These goats are very used to people feeding them and they knew we had feed in our hands. The grands were so excited and of course, my girls have been around goats for several years so they were fine with the goats climbing on them to get fed. 


I think she found some new friends! She was asking for one of her own and of course, I said we would talk to Papaw!

Next, we seen the monkeys. Of course, my oldest loves Gibbons and has wanted one for years so she could have set here all day and looked at them and watched them play. I enjoy them as well, but after a few minutes, the kids were bored and wanted to move on. I teased them that this monkey was looking at them thinking what kind of monkeys are those? 





Right inside the entrance, is this cute little fountain and a few small areas of water spraying up out of the ground to make a small splash pad type area for the kids and of course, Miss H had to get in the middle of it. Wet shoes and all, but she doesn't mind a bit. She is my little adventurer and she loves to travel, just like her mammaw!

How cute are these little elephants? These were the only ones in the zoo as this zoo is literally, right in the middle of town. Houses across the street from it and I am sure that is why there are not any large animals here.

Miss H has another photo like this somewhere, although I can't find it now. I took this to compare her "wing span" to the other one. She is certainly is getting bigger! How can she be 8? Many of you were my readers when this surprise was born and I am sure many of you are shocked at her age as well. 





These pictures did not turn out well at all. These were the penguins, one of my favorite sections! 


In the picture below, it looks as though the penguin is going to attack Miss H. You can see Miss A was excited as well. 


The prairie dogs were so much fun to watch! It was a nice enclosure for them with eye level viewing and we spent some time just watching them play. I see that many people are now keeping these little guys as pets. I can see why as they were lively and fun to watch play. 




OH! What kind of prairie dog is in this bubble? She loved that you could climb in with them. She looked adorable when she was looking at the camera. I guess she must have hit her elbow before the camera snapped as this is what we got. 


The wallabies and emus were the last exhibit that we seen. You could walk through their habitat, but you could not touch them. That made us a little sad, but we just watched them from a short distance away. 


The emus were behind a fence, but still close. My husband has been thinking of buying one of these. Where will we keep such a creature? 


Our last stop at the zoo was the train ride. We did not see any real animals on this ride, but cardboard cut outs of lions, tigers, zebras, and a giraffe. Interesting little ride, but no animals. It was fun anyway. You can see my daughter photobombing us in the background. Miss H had to ride with me of course. 

Following the zoo, we had a picnic lunch at the park and played for an hour or more. Fun day and low cost!!! I certainly do love summer break from school!!


Comments

  1. My daughter Karen, who lives just couple of small towns over, has taken me there . I love that little zoo. You are right, it's in a neighborhood of homes. Once I got to see the snake exhibit. They had a boa constrictor called Julius Squeezer.. that just cracked me up. Your girls all seemed to enjoy it there. Hope you did also. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat that you have been there too. It is a nice zoo to be small and so well priced.

      Delete
  2. What a fun post. Thanks for taking me along. I love small zoo's or petting zoo. Our grandson, Tristan is coming to visit in July and we will take him to either the LA Zoo or San Diego Zoo. He doen't have anyting like that in Oregon where they live on the coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am sure he will like that. Kids seem to love a trip to the zoo

      Delete
  3. What a fun, fun day! And lots of interactive things as well! You show so well how the prairie dogs are the same color of the ground, so well camouflaged! they are one of my favorites to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24