,Happy Homemaker #3 Feb. 7,2022

 


Hello everyone! Sorry that I am so late to join this week, but recovery has sure been tough with this surgery. I have been at my daughter's house much longer than I expected to be and so I am trying to run my business and three households all away from home. UGH! It is crazy!! Anyway, let's get started with our Happy Homemaker post today. If you aren't aware of what this is, check out Sandra's post here


                                                :::: The Weather ::::

I must say that I would like it to be warmer and sunnier than it is. We survived the winter storm last week, but we still have plenty of snow on the ground and it is just cold today and cloudy outside. The temperatures are to be a bit better this week and the sun is to shine some, so I hope it is better tomorrow.



:::: How I am feeling this morning ::::

I am feeling okay considering all I have been through recently with my surgery. I have my next follow up appointment on Thursday and it will be four weeks post op. I hope stitches will come out and some of the swelling has gone down. I would like to go into the walking boot to walk, but he said 6-8 weeks non weight bearing. 



:::: On the breakfast plate :::

I did not eat breakfast this morning as I am feeling a bit nauseous. I did drink two cups of coffee though. My daughter and I have found a delicious blueberry honey coffee and a blueberry cobbler coffee that we like.  I would like to eat now, but I am not sure it is a good idea.


 

 :::: On my reading pile :::: 

I am currently reading Dark Summer by Iris Johansen. So far I am enjoying it. My son bought it as my Christmas gift since he knew that I was going to be down for a bit and would need some reading material. He knows I love mystery stories so this is one of the four that I got.  


  :::: On my TV ::::

My daughter and I binge watched a show on Discovery + this weekend called Undercover and Underage and it was really neat. It's a group of people that are gathering evidence to pass onto police and detectives of people who are attempting to meet and have sex with underage kids. They are in chat rooms and on phone calls and video calls with the creeps that are trying to steal our children's innocence and childhood from them. I applaud them for the work they are doing! Parent's: Take Warning- Your children need to be taught limits on the net!!!


  :::: On the menu this week ::::

I know we are having Chinese tonight for dinner. We are having pot stickers, egg rolls, and fried rice. My daughter does the cooking so I just go with the flow. I generally am not picky as to what I eat, as long as I have food. I like to eat!


  :::: From the camera ::::

I personally don't have any photos this week. I am going to share a photo though of a new Shade  from my Pink Zebra  business. I am super excited about our spring catalog and anxious for our rally for this year. This is our adorable Sea Turtle shade over a Simmering Light!



  :::: Looking around the house ::::

It is clean and picked up from our very lazy weekend. My son in law was home for 5 days in a row due to the snow and the weekend. He helped my daughter get her office started so not much else got done. We attended church yesterday and then we were lazy the rest of the day. My daughter has cleaned today and I done the dishes for her. She is currently working in her office and doing laundry.


 :::: Today's devotional :::: 

My verse for today is Psalm 23:4   Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and they staff they comfort me.



Have a fabulous Monday!!!!


 


 

 


 




  


  


  





 

 


 



                                                 













 

Comments

  1. I am glad to hear from you, and that all is going well. And that you are at least getting enough liquids down. Do you have any anti-nausea meds? Please let us know how your doctor appointment goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, Hope you're feeling better every day. You're a winner of my Blogaversary giveaway. I'll be mailing your book. Please send me your address and I'll get it out to you. There's a "contact me" at the bottom of my blog page. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty sea turtle shade! Hope you continue to recover and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to hear you are doing so well! And now you will have a new book to read from 'Buttercup!' Your week is off to a good start! Prayers for a good report at the doctor on THursday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner