Sickness Hits The Farm

Sickness hit the farm this weekend with a vengeance. I began to feel sick almost immediately on Friday after getting out of bed, but I knew that we had several appointments that day and I had to keep going so I just prayed that I would get over the nausea that I was feeling. Also, for several days, my husband has complained about pain in his neck and shoulder. He feels as though it is a muscle that is swollen and tightened up, but can't seem to alleviate the pain.

We continued about our day as planned, all while I just felt that at any moment I might be vomiting. I hate that queasy feeling. It makes it hard to concentrate and be involved in so many important conversations. I needed to be fully involved in the conversations and fully involved in making choices for the nursing homes that we were looking at. I attempted to focus on what we were doing.

In between meetings, we were able to get an x-ray on his neck for the doctor to hopefully have some answers for us on Monday. I am sure it is nothing serious, but after the sciatic nerve that caused him to have to have back surgery a couple of years ago, I am very cautious of things like this as we know he had nerve and disk issues. I know it makes him nervous and he tends to worry himself a lot. I tend to be the one that says work it out and go on. I don't have time for " oh woe, is me".

By Friday night when we got home and it was time to start dinner, I knew standing at the stove was not an option for me. I knew the smell of food was not going to be a pleasant option for me. Luckily, I had a package of Stouffer's  Stuffed Green Peppers in the freezer that I could set on a baking sheet and set in the oven. That would be his dinner! I placed them in the oven and laid down on the sofa. My father in law came over to see what we had found out from the nursing homes and to discuss where we were planning to move my mother in law( as she has been asked to leave where she is). I could not sit up as I was just too nauseous. Within a few minutes, I sprinted to the bathroom and vomited. I began to have chills, but was hot. I was not running a fever though. Within about 30 minutes, I had a low- grade fever and was asleep within just a few minutes. When I woke, my husband was sitting on the other end of the sofa asleep. We stayed there for a few hours before making our way to bed. Luckily, I was able to sleep in the grand doll's bed in order to not make him sick. I slept a total of 12 hours and we both slept off and on all day on Saturday.

I do feel a little better today. Thankfully! He says his neck is still extremely sore, so today will be another day of rest and relaxation. I know I will watch the Super Bowl tonight- Go CHIEFS!  We will do some small party foods and that will be it! We had soup last night. I will call the doctor tomorrow if he is still having as much pain in his neck and get him in again.

Within a week, our washer and vacuum quit working and my car starting having issues. It seems that the speed sensors or the wheel bearings are going bad on the car, so that will have to be checked out this week. My husband was able to fix the vacuum this week. The washer was old and certainly had done its share of work over the past 9+ years. It was given to us 9+ years ago by another home school mom when we needed one and truly could not afford to purchase one. I got a great deal on this set and I am happy with it, although it has way more settings and buttons than I think a washer or dryer needs.

For many years, I have wanted to get rid of our coffee table in the living room and replace it with a old travel trunk, but had not been able to find one. I happened to be at a local flea market last Sunday and found one that was reasonably priced and in fairly decent shape, so I asked my husband if we could purchase it, he agreed. I think I want to paint it at some time, but for now it is perfect and a great place to store the grand doll's games that she likes to keep here and the board games that we have as well. 
( Don't mind the box of Christmas extras that I still need to get in the attic at the end of it). Isn't it neat? I am absolutely thrilled! I know it is not the exact type that I wanted, but it is good for now. 

Well, that is enough for today. I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and I will be back tomorrow and hopefully, back into the swing of things soon. 



Comments

  1. I love your trunk!!!
    So sorry you were laid low this weekend! Hopefully Monday will bring a return to good health for you both!
    We will be cheering for Kansas City tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy to get it. I do feel better now and I think the game was fabulous.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I hope you are all better now. I just cannot stand to be nauseous! It was good that you could sleep so much. Our bodies heal when we sleep. Please let us know the X-Ray results. I LOVE the trunk!! I just love the idea of using an ottoman or trunk as a coffee table. So much storage too. I think your granddaughter will love having a special place for all her toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better now. I hate being nauseous! I like the idea of using them like that too. We still don't have x-ray results.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024