Rain, Cold, Sickness

Our spring temperatures were truly short lived as it began to turn colder today and it has rained and been grey all day. The rain is to turn to a little snow later tonight and temperatures are to be in the 30's after this all week. UGH! I thanked God though today for the warm weather yesterday.

Sickness has hit again. I woke up at 5 this morning with a very nauseous feeling again and it has stayed with me all day. I have also had a migraine most of the day as well. Of course, the migraine is due to the barometric pressure changing with the weather changes. I hate weather changes as they always bring headaches!

My daughter and I need to spend some time at her house getting stuff ready for the wedding. She has set a temporary date of May 22, 2021I - I believe. I purchased a wedding book the other day as well as a basket for the flower girl. I know my daughter will want to make some changes to it, but I am sure she will love it. She has made some big plans and I am sure that she will do great with all the preparations, but as the day gets near, I know I will have to be the one in charge as she will get grumpy and bossy. I am thankful that she is wanting to plan and do some work on it this far out as she wants to make centerpieces and all that fun stuff. She has even talked about doing her own flowers.

I believe she has decided to do her wedding colors in purple and yellow, which I find quite the odd combination, but I am sure that she will make it beautiful and she has always been my 60's child misplaced. LOL! She would live in a Volkswagen if she could. She will be a beautiful bride as I have always dreamed of her having a beautiful wedding. My youngest will as well, but her style is very laid back and western.

Since I am not feeling well, I will make this short. I hope you all had a good day.

Comments

  1. So sorry you are feeling yucky...Prayers for a quick recovery.
    Rain and gloom can sure put a kink in the body.
    The wedding will be wonderful and good for her getting such an early start on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care and feel better. Our spring weather is turning to winter again tomorrow, too. Keep your eyes on your mailbox. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received my package yesterday and I love it!! Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I have had two bouts of something nasty. So much is going around now. Take care of yourself and try to rest. What fun it will be planning a wedding with your daughter!! But doing the flowers along with everything else that will come up may turn out to be a bit much for her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told her the same thing. She likes to be busy, but I think that is about too much for her to take on.

      Delete
  4. The weather is doing the same here. I saw a few snowflakes flying when I let the dog out.
    Planning a wedding is a lot of work but a lot of fun too. Doing a lot of the stuff yourself can definitely save a ton of money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is her biggest thing about the entire planning session is that she wants to save some money. We have ice with snow coming later. Yuck!

      Delete
  5. How wonderful that your daughter is getting married - congratulations Carol! I don't think you're anywhere near me but if you need any help planning feel free to reach out, that's my profession - and for the record, purple and yellow are lovely together! I had a September wedding two years ago that had purple dresses with yellow sunflowers in the flowers and it was a stunning combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Thank you so very much! I will certainly tell her that I know someone that does wedding planning. Although, you are not near us, I am sure questions and things can be done these days much easier than before. That wedding sounds beautiful.

      Delete
  6. LOL- Actually purple and yellow are the colors that compliment each other the best. I bet it will all be stunning. Congrats on her upcoming marriage. Moms always pick up all the pieces at the end just before the wedding. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure I will. We will have two weddings next year as our son is also getting married. I think his will be very plain and simple.

      Delete
  7. I hope you are feeling better by now. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. You must be so happy for your daughter. I look forward to hearing about all the plans.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel better. My husband still is down with his neck. I am excited for my daughter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024