Saturday 9 = Love Is All Around.

Love Is All Around



Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme! 

Saturday 9: Love Is All Around (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is the theme from The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a sitcom that originally aired from 1970 to 1977. Were you a fan?

  Yes, I enjoyed the show. I feel it was a little ahead of it's time, but overall was a good show. It reminded women that they were able to make it on their own.

2) The song tells us that Mary Richards can turn the world on with her smile. Yet the real-life Mary Tyler Moore said she was uncomfortable with her "wide mouth." If you could improve on one of your facial features, which would you choose? 

I have some issues with some teeth right now so I would say that I would improve my smile as well.

3) We also hear that Mary can "take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile." What do you think makes a day "a nothing day?"

A nothing day would be a day where I could sit on my porch and read all day with no interruptions.

4) Mary works in the newsroom at WJM. Her desk is neat as a pin. Are you neat? Or do you lean to the sloppy side?

I would say both. I prefer things to be organized and in place, but life's chaos makes that impossible at times.

5) Mary's best friend, Rhoda, worked as a window dresser at Hempel's department store. What department store did you most recently shop at? What did you buy?

The only store that I have been in lately was Wal-Mart and I don't consider that a department store.

6) Mary Richards lived in Minneapolis. What city is nearest to where you are right now?

Indianapolis, but I am traveling to Louisville, KY today with my daughter for a Pink Zebra reunion. If you don't know what Pink Zebra is, check out my site here

7) Originally the part of Mary Richards was written as a divorcee, but in 1970, there were no TV shows that centered around a divorced woman. Think about the women in your life. Are most of them married, divorced, single or widowed?

Most are married. I have a couple of friends that are single and my mom is a divorcee.

8) The MTM production company logo featured a mewing kitten. The cat was found in a Minneapolis shelter, and, after her sequence was shot, she was adopted by a crew member who named her Mimsie. What's the name of the last cat -- or dog or hamster or rabbit -- that you petted?

My dog Jazzy and my cat Prince were the last animals I petted. However, I also petted Snickers, my grand dolls pony and I petted Rambler, my horse.


9) Random question -- Would you rather have a job that kept you seated on your fanny or standing on your feet?
 Seated these days. I have worked many hours on my feet!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024