Ready to Camp

This will be a busy week as I prepare to take our camper out for the first time since fall. I am excited that we are going, but we will be camping primitive and the weather is supposed to be hot and humid with chances of thunderstorms. It also means that food will be in coolers as well as drinks and that ice will be mandatory.

We have two campers. We have a bumper pull Springdale that I really like and we have a nice Corn Pro horse trailer that has living quarters in it that have been fixed up nicely. In the horse trailer, we have a table, sofa, bed, refrigerator, and microwave along with cabinets in it. We also have a nice camp toilet in it so that we don't have to go out to the restrooms in the middle of the night. I prefer taking the bumper pull camper when we camp primitive as it has a gas or electric refrigerator and we have an actual bathroom. It has two sinks and plenty of storage.

My husband wants to take the horse trailer this time because if not he will have to make two pulls down and he doesn't want to do that. I understand, but I feel that the horse trailer is not as convenient as the bumper pull in this situation. Both are better than a tent, as I truly did not like that. I am by far a fancy, spoiled person, but I was truly miserable the weekend that we took a tent and camped.

I am happy to say that I am excited about the first campout. I just wish the weather would have been predicted to be a little better. Memorial Day is usually a full weekend at the park. Once we return from this trip, we will only be about three weeks out from our big campout that we take yearly. It is usually a 9 day adventure. It is at a lake where we will be camped lake side and the horses will have a barn to stay in. We usually do some fishing on that trip. I'm sort of excited about it although I wanted to do something different this year.

Cooking over the open fire is one of my favorite things about camping. Our friends that camp with us like to cook as well so we do some great eating while we are there. I do enjoy that and breakfast is simply the best over the fire. 

Well, I have the granddoll today and I work with my in-laws so I better get busy. There is some serious work to do this week.
Until our trails meet again, have a great ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner