Farm Work

Spring has been a long time coming this year and now that it seems that the weather has broke and we are almost having summer weather, it has been time to start doing some spring chores around here. One of the first things that I like to do is begin to clean up from the fall and winter activities that never seem to get cleaned up. I also like to start working on some flowers and making it spring pretty.

A few years ago, my husband built these flower boxes for my back porch. It is not a covered porch so everything on it gets all the winter weather and rain that we have. Things begin to not look so great. I had some old paint that I wanted to use up and I wanted these to look weathered but wanted them to be some color this year to brighten them up. I spray painted these and they now have flowers in them which I will show later. 

Both of these tire planters are in the yard and are the perfect spot for some garden plants. I prefer tomatoes and peppers in them. I didn't have pepper plants yet, so they both got tomatoes. The plants looked a little sad at first, but they are looking better. 
This bare spot here by the front steps needs some color and some fencing. I have now added lilies to it and I am thinking of adding a holly bush as well. I will show you the finished spot when I write my next post or as soon as I do something else to it. I think the turtle and the fountain will stay although the fountain doesn't work. I like it a lot!

What have you been doing? Welcome to spring!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24