Outta Here

I am thrilled to say that I will be going on a short vacation with my friends tomorrow morning! There are 4 of us going and we are heading to Williamsburg, Virginia. I am not sure that we will make our destination but that is our intended destination. We may decide to do something else before we make it that far.

The history that is there is amazing! There are many historical events that took place near there being that it is near the area where the first pilgrims settled and many Presidents came from that area as well. If we make it there, I am sure that we will visit Jamestown and we will make a short trip over to Virginia Beach. I am not sure of what else we will do, but that gets us a good start. I know we will visit a plantation because one of the girls going loves to do that.

I am just ready to get away from all of the responsibility that abounds here for me. I need to relax and refresh because I am currently not helpful to anyone because I feel so overwhelmed! It is exhausting to take care of elderly in-laws, my grand doll, my husband, work, and keep the house tidy. (You notice, I did not say clean). Plus, the chores of the daily farm life never end either. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was caring for a sick calf that was lying in my floor. It can be overwhelming!!!

I need to update my blog and really start spending some time here as I just noticed that I have not changed my winter background yet. UGH!! Too many tasks on my to do list.! Plus, my Pink Zebra business is challenging right now as I just recently moved up to executive consultant and that means that I have a team under me! I now have 5 recruits that have signed under me and I am working with them. That means that I need to do trainings and other inspirational things to keep them motivated as well.

My husband took our youngest daughter and her family to Branson with us a few weeks ago and it was a lot of fun. We were there in September but it was nice to go back although the weather was cool. The grand doll went and it was a lot of fun with her. We stopped at Meramac Caverns and it was nice. We did not tour the cave, but we will return there. I was sad to see that many things on the exit did not seem to be in operation anymore and I felt that it was such a sad reminder that families do not enjoy the things of the past. A Jesse James wax museum, which I would have enjoyed looked as though it had been closed for some time. I personally, love wax museums, but I don't suppose many families do these days.
The James Brothers statue 

Families don't seem to take long car rides these days and visit some of the out of the way treasures that exist in the world. Route 66 used to be a vacation destination and now it seems as though the interstates and airlines have removed some of the wonderful treasures that existed several years ago. 

Well, I must get busy but for now "So long and I will see you when I return. " 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24