Adventure Off the Farm- Williamsburg , Virginia

A couple of weeks ago, I shared that my friends and I were heading to Williamsburg, Virginia and I wanted to share with my friends here. Our trip was so much fun, but short! I was disappointed that it was over so fast.

The drive was about 12 hours for us, but Williamsburg was so worth the distance! If you haven't ever been there, I highly suggest that you go. history buffs would absolutely be able to spend days in Williamsburg and not be the least bit bored. We didn't go to see Colonial Williamsburg or the museums, but we went to Merchant's Square, which is a part of it and we thoroughly enjoyed the day we spent there.

Our first stop was our resort, which was Parkside Williamsburg. It is one of the resorts that is a part of our Bluegreen ownership and I believe that it was a good choice for us. We were fortunate enough to have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath fully furnished condo and the resort was very nice! The staff was friendly and we felt like they cared about us. We had some issues with our keys and they were quickly fixed. The maintenance man was very helpful and professional.
They have an exercise room, which included some very nice equipment. They also had a very nice game room, which had a pool table, ping pong table, several other games and a life size Connect Four game. I was fascinated by the toddler area as I plan to take my grand doll soon. 


I love that the tree has owls on it as well as flowers. I love the little video game as well. The play area would be a fun spot for her. Being little and on vacation, it is sometimes hard to keep them entertained. There was an outdoor playground as well for them.


The pool area was nice too, but it was not warm enough for a trip to the pool. It was nice to walk there and take these photos I like the design of this as it looks as though it could be a lazy river. The slide was nice but was an enclosed slide. 

The next day we spent at Merchant's Square and thoroughly enjoyed the day. We shopped, ate, had fudge, shopped, visited William and Mary College, enjoyed a nice farmer's market, got to see a Colonial style band, seen several horse and buggies, talked with several " local merchant's" and seen many beautiful tulips. I highly recommend this area to anyone that goes to Colonial Williamsburg.







One of my favorite things at Merchant's Square where the dresses that the ladies were wearing. There were some available for sale, but I resisted buying one. 
How beautiful are those? When my grand doll goes, we will certainly be purchasing one of them for her. I want her to have the Colonial bonnet as well and not the hat pictured here. 
This photo of myself was taken at the College of William and Mary College campus. This tree was the perfect photo opportunity and the campus is amazingly beautiful. It is one of the oldest colleges in the country and Thomas Jefferson once walked this same campus. Walking in the steps of our forefathers is an amazing experience!
I hope that picture is clear enough as is tells a little about the building that we went into on campus. There was a wedding party there and photographers so I am sure a wedding was taking place, someone told us that it was also a day for perspective students to be there. I wanted to shout out to all of them, " Go here, it's beautiful!". 

Well, that is enough for today. I will share more of our adventure tomorrow. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024