Snow and Cold Hit

My Scene Out My Front Window
 
Old Man Winter is seeming to poke his nose out early this year. Normally, our temperatures are around 54 degrees Fahrenheit here at this time of the year, but not this year. We are actually having an extremely cold snap and we are set to have record cold temps as they will reach temperatures that we have not seen in over 130 years. That is crazy!
We already have some snow on the ground and although is not a large amount, it is enough to make travel a little tricky. It seems that people here forger each year how to drive in snow when we get out first one. I find that interesting considering we have quite a bit of snow. The above photo was taken out my front window last year during one of our large snowfalls, but as I look out this morning, it seems to look similar to this. I am thankful for the beauty that the snow here makes. With the house settled in the woods, it makes for a beautiful scene.
 

Not sure but I believe this is another photo out of my front window last year. As I look at these, I realize that I could almost write a story and illustrate it with these. I think I could title the book, The Small House in the Woods. I don't think I could use the Little House due to all of the books that we all know by Laura Ingalls Wilder, but it would still be an interesting story.
 As you can see, my woods are beautiful scenes during the winter. I am thankful that we live where we do. I do not like the winter driving, but I do not mind the scenery that we are offered on a daily basis. I wish I could find a photo of the horses covered in snow as I find that a beautiful sight.
 The record cold that we are seeing could be a look into what is to come for winter. Last winter, we struggled with the polar vortex that brought record cold and snow to our area of the United States and we seem to be having the same thing happening again. Weather patterns can easily be followed with all of the forecasting tools that the meteorologists have these days. I just pray that the weather makes for a much easier winter than last year.
 Whatever weather you are having, enjoy it even if it is miserable. You might not be in a condition where you could see the beauty that the snow brings, you might not be able to walk to worry about slipping and falling, you never know what tomorrow brings.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024