Planters Nutrition Energy Mix

As I was grocery shopping the other day, I ran across a new product in the peanut butter aisle. It was Planters NUT-trition Energy Mix. There were a couple of varieties, but I chose the Banana Granola Nut flavor. As I was looking at it, I remembered how much I used to love peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but for some reason I stopped eating them several years ago.

 A serving size for this product is 2 Tablespoons and with this serving size, the product looks to be fairly healthy for you. The total fat is 1 gram and has no cholesterol, but it does have 4 grams of sugar and 130 mg of sodium. I guess that I should not have been surprised because I have always been told that peanut butter was a healthy food. Add the banana and granola and how could it be anything else?

 This morning since I woke up early and decided to get up and get some deep cleaning in my kitchen finished, I decided that I wanted to try an idea that I had seen on another site the other day. Instead of your typical peanut butter and jelly sandwich, use a tortilla wrap to make the sandwich. I decided that I should try the new energy mix, because I have a long busy day ahead. Well, I was pleasantly surprised that the new Planters item was absolutely delicious with a perfect mix of flavors in it! The peanut butter is very creamy and smooth, but the granola is a nice addition to make it have just the right amount of crunch. The banana flavor is not over powering, but adds such a nice flavor to the peanut  butter. Planters certainly got this right!! Plus, if you have not made a sandwich using a tortilla shell, you should really try it. I have decided that my new breakfast item will be called the Banana Nut Wrap. I recommend that you add the Planters NUT-trition energy mix to your grocery list.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24