Happy Homemaker Monday -9/14
Today, I am pleased be linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and several other bloggers that just like to write about what is going on in their homes and how they have their week planned. I hope you will stop by and read each of the posts that these wonderful bloggers have written. Spend an hour or so enjoying some amazing writing and relax while reading with a cup of your favorite drink.
THE WEATHER IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS:
Mon. - 75 -sunny
Tues. - 93 -sunny
Wed. - 91 - sunny
Thurs. - 91 - mostly sunny
Fri. - 85 - mostly sunny
As you can see, we are still having very warm temperatures and no rain, which we desperately need right now. Our leaves are drying out and falling off the trees instead of turning the bright, vibrant colors we normally see in September and October.
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:
I see the early morning sun and a few red leaves on the small tree outside the window. I also see a bunch of stuff that needs to be cleaned up around my husband's workshop (shed).
RIGHT NOW, I AM:
Thinking of all that needs to be finished this week, before I head out to Tennessee for a weekend wedding of my best friends' son. I am excited to be going and spending time with my oldest daughter and enjoying some time with my friend.
THINKING AND PONDERING:
Just how fast life seems to fly by these days. I guess always, but for some reason it seems faster now. As I look at my children having babies of their own and how chaotic life gets for them some time, I think back on the days that my husband and I were in the same stage of life and sometimes putting a meal on the table was an accomplishment.
Also, thinking about my dear cousin battling cancer and how he has had such a hard time with the radiation. I am also praying for a childhood friend whose husband is currently being treated for congestive heart failure. It seems so many people are struggling with health issues this year and we know the ultimate healer and we know how to ask Him for His help.
HOW I AM FEELING:
Tired, excited to be leaving this weekend, stressed over all that I need to accomplish.
ON THE LUNCH PLATE:
Tuna with crackers
ON THE DINNER PLATE:
Teriyaki steak tips with peppers and onions, stir fry rice
WHAT I'M WEARING:
A blue flowered cotton dress - easy to slip on to take grands to school. May change into jeans in a bit
ON MY READING PILE:
ON MY TV:
Probably won't be much. I am hoping to catch a few vlogging episodes. Does anyone know good ones for homemaking, Christian homemaking, crafting? I am looking for a few things that my granddoll and I can do together. She's getting to be a preteen, and she is interested in squishies, dumplings, etc.
ON THE MENU:
M - teriyaki stir fry or steak tips and rice, peas and carrots
T - Enchiladas, salad
W - Beef stew
Thurs - Chicken, Mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas
Fri- I won't be home
LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:
Lots of cleaning to do and I would like to finish the fall decor this week. I have a couple of areas, that I am still interested in doing more too.
TO DO LIST FOR THE WEEK:
Mon - Visit Mom, run to feed store, groceries that need picked up for week, Whatnot live, laundry, cleaning
Tues - work, blog catch up, PZ work, laundry, daily cleaning, bedroom
Wed - Kitchen, sweep and mop, clean curtains, work,
Thurs- Pack for weekend wedding trip, Living Room, Laundry, PZ and Blog work, Work
Fri - Work, Trip
WHAT I'M CREATING:
Not that I find much time to create as I am trying to learn to sell on Whatnot with my Pink Zebra business, but I am attempting to get back into my diamond art stuff, and I want to create some amazing pockets for my pen pals. This is similar to the ones I am making.
SOMETHING FUN TO SHARE:
PRAYERS, DEVOTIONALS:
You Are a Light
The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.
Proverbs 13:9 NIV
Great beauty is seen in the flame of a candle, the glow of a firefly, or a twinkling star. You are a light that shines brighter than these because of the righteousness of Christ. Steady and sure, your flame glows with the glory of Christ in you.
Your unquenchable light is made for eternity. This world will not satisfy your eternal soul. Focus on what is lasting—God’s love, Word, and the spirits of His people. Take time for each in your day. When you focus your effort on what is lasting, you carry it with you into eternity.
Make time to hear your child’s discovery. Hold the hand of an elderly neighbor. Seek out a quiet moment and listen to the secrets of someone’s heart—maybe even your own. Ask God to reveal Himself in His Word. These moments will make your heart happy.
You are transformed by trials, your rich golden light deepening with endurance. You are stronger than you think and more vivid than you can imagine. Never be intimidated by the darkness around you. It’s no match for you. You were made to shine forever, so don’t hide your glory.
Father God, thank You for intending me to live eternally with You. Help me focus on the things that last forever. Amen.



I am so sorry about your cousin! Your Teriyaki sounds so good! Love the devotional!
ReplyDeleteThanks. For some reason I am unable to see any new blog posts
Delete