Not Missing In Action

 Hello readers! No, I am not MIA. Yes, I have been for several weeks as I was fighting an illness and now I am in the midst of another health issue, but not one of my own. Although, my husband and I are both feeling quite badly with a sinus infection and allergies. The biggest issue is my mom is in the hospital and is very sick.

A week ago Sunday, I called an ambulance to take her to the hospital as she could not get out of bed. She was admitted and it was discovered that she had a Strep A infection in her bloodstream and in her back. She is in severe pain, but is not willing to take the chance of having surgery to drain the infection in her back. She is being treated with IV antibiotics and her vitals are better, but she is in a lot of pain. IV treatment is recommended for 12 to 20 weeks and the doctors are not sure it will give much relief.

As of yesterday, she was being transferred from the hospital to continue to treat the infection and so I made the decision that she will go to a rehab facility due to the care that she will need. I am not thrilled about that decision, but feel that it is the safest and best decision to make at the moment. Due to the IV treatment and the other issues that we are dealing with. 

She is very weak and physical therapy believes that she needs more care than can be given at home. I am very worried as to what we do if the treatment does not attack the infection in the spine. I am afraid at that time that we may have to make a hard decision as to what we do at that point to keep her comfortable. 

I appreciate any prayers or good vibes that you can send for her. Many of you were here when she ruptured her esophagus several years ago and we about lost her then. She is tough, but her age is certainly playing against her in this battle. 

Comments

  1. Prayers for your mom. And hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so very sorry! And this is such a long time to be on antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very worried about the effect of the antibiotics

      Delete
  3. Prayers for you and your mom.....what is her name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about this. Prayers for your mom and you as work on getting her the best care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I will surely pray for your Mom. I pray that the antibiotics will work and she gets relief. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely will pray for your Mom and the difficult decisions that will need to be made. Growing old is hard enough but caring for those we love makes it more difficult. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024