Book Review: the Coffee Corner - An Amish Marketplace Novel - By Amy Clipston

Hello! I may finally be able to get back to doing the things that make me happy. Writing my blog, reading what my friends here write and reading. I have finished a couple of books and I want to share that here as well as on Good Reads. 

The Coffee Corner by Amy Clipston is book 3 of a 4 part series of Amish Marketplace books and I must say one of the most interesting books I have read recently. I am finding that my love for Amish stories continues to grow with each book that I read. Here is the review that I briefly wrote for Good Reads. 





Amy Clipston has completed yet another great story and I am already looking forward to reading other books by her as well. There is one last Amish Marketplace book in this series of 4 and I will be anxious to read it next.

Bethany Gingerich works hard along with her cousins at the Amish Marketplace each week. Each one offers something different in their booths, but they love that they are able to see each other and chat each week. Bethany loves her Coffee Corner, but feels that she will never find the love that her cousins have found.

Micah Zook has came to live with his grandfather because he is treated poorly by his dad. Enos, his granddad, is his best friend and Micah is thrilled to be there. Micah and Enos routinely visit Bethany at her Coffee Corner and she quickly realizes that she cares for Micah a great deal. What she doesn't know is that Micah is struggling with the treatment he has received from his father as well as the love of a former fiancé.

When Bethany misses the two Zook men one Saturday, she instantly knows something is wrong, but she is not prepared for the tragedy that has struck. She knows that Micah needs her friendship more than ever, but can his heart handle a friendship at the moment. As Micah learns that truth about the business he has shared with his grandfather, he soon believes that alcohol will heal his pain and that leaving the very place he has loved so much are the answers he makes plans to sell the business, farm, and leave Bethany for good.

Can Bethany's love for Micah save him? Can Micah's own heartbreak be fixed before it is too late?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a really good book, and a page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good series. Glad you getting back to the things that bring you happiness. Hope that continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Reading does truly help my soul.

      Delete
  3. I've not read any of Amy Clipston's books for awhile, but she is one of my favorite Amish romance authors. I'm glad you're going to be reading and writing more. With summer coming, and school letting out, I'll have more time for those things, too.
    God bless you!
    Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy what you write Laura. I think she is a great author and can't wait to read more.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner