Happy Homemaker Monday - July 25,2022

 Good Morning Everyone! Happy Monday! As I am going to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom and will link this to her post later, I thought I would share a few notes first. I am still thinking of my dear friend, Ang that passed last week after a hard fought battle against cancer. I am also thinking of another friend who has a daughter that is struggling with some issues. Prayers for these families! 


The weather . . .
   We had rain last night and it was much needed. Although, my husband had just done some dirt work for a friend and so the rain was much harder and more than he needed for that. Our plants and grass were certainly thankful for the rain though. We are forecast to have more later this week. 

As I look outside my window . . .

   I see gorgeous sunshine and a lot of weeds that need to be trimmed. I really am not sure what we will do with all of the weeds. I might spray some later today. It is not supposed to be as hot and humid today. Thankful for that. It sure has been a HOT summer. 


Right now I am . . .

   Listening to the washing machine and making a kettle of hot water to enjoy some oatmeal and possibly a new tea that I purchased the other day. I had two cups of coffee earlier, but I think I want to try my tea. 


Thinking and pondering . . .

   I mentioned that I am thinking of my friends. I am also thinking about how fast it seems summer has gone by and how hot it has been. My granddoll and I have not been doing much together because of the weather. We took a short trip to Missouri, but not long enough. I also must say that I hate the thought of her starting school in just a few short weeks.


How I am feeling  . . .

   A bit tired actually. We stayed up later than normal and I am a bit draggy today. I will be better later. I am missing my fellow Pink Zebra team as I was unable to go to our yearly reunion this year due to the cost to fly to Reno and it makes me sad that I am not there. 


On the breakfast plate . . .

   I am going to be enjoying a nice bowl of blueberry oatmeal. It is still a little warm for oatmeal, but I certainly do love it. 


What I am wearing . . .

   Jeans and a tee shirt. Our Pink Zebra fall line was just released and so I will be working most of the day in my office. I will be going to see the new Elvis movie later tonight as well. 


On the reading pile . . .

   Finishing Karen Kingsbury's a thousand tomorrows

   Starting later today will be  The Summer House by James Patterson and Brendan DuBouis. It is a murder story and will be a much different read than Karen's book, but I feel that I like to change genres' often. I especially love a good mystery book and Patterson writes very well.


On my TV . . .

   Hallmark Channel. I have not watched it much recently, but I thought I would catch a few minutes of the Christmas in July movies that are happening now. I might listen to my Christmas CD later today as well. My granddoll and I love Christmas music and we listen to it often. 


On the menu . . .

   Since I won't be home tonight it will be burgers and corn on the cob for my hubby. 

Tuesday - it may be a pork roast marinated with brown sugar and maple. Not sure yet. 


Looking around the house . . .

   I see laundry that needs to be done today and I know my bathroom floor needs to be swept and mopped, but I done housework on Friday and Saturday so not as much needs to be done as normally does on Monday. 


To-do list . . .

   Laundry

   Sweep/mop bathroom

   Pink Zebra work

   Meet friends for movie

   Plan menu ideas for next week as I will be busy each evening

   

From the camera . . .

   Nothing new, but a photo of my daughter and I at the last Pink Zebra Reunion. She gets her manager necklace today and I am so proud of her! I hate that I am not with her!!


Devotional . . .

   

Clearing Up Conversation Confusion

Our feelings can mislead us; confidence comes when we choose to trust what the Word of God says.

This is from 

In Touch


That is all I have for today. Have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by to read my blog and be sure to look for all of the Happy Homemaker Posts. 





Comments

  1. Good day! I love the quote from your devotion! I needed that. :) I hope you have a wonderful day. I am a first time visitor from Diary of a stay at home mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I hope you will stop by more often and I will head to your blog soon too.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy posts that are structured like this. I had a blogger friend who always wrote about her daily life this way. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. My friend saw the Elvis movie. I will wait for it to join the streaming films. It's been ages since I went to the movies. Have fun at the movies. ~ Inger from Desert Canyon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was a good one! I like posts like this as well.

      Delete
  3. Love your devotion. Cute pic of you and your daughter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for the families of the lost loved one and those going thru troubling times. I am also shocked at how fast Summer is going by quickly. I am not familiar with Pink Zebra, I will research. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa, please check out my website at pinkzebrahome.com/cslater. If you like home fragrances and decor you will love the company!

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, and for your other friend struggling at the moment. Prayers going up for both. Good to see you joining back in with the Happy Homemaker Monday :)

    You know I bought some Pink Zebra sprinkles YEARS ago, and was just thinking the other day that I really wanted to get some more. Is there a catalog, or do you have a website I can look through, or order from?

    Have a blessed week,
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My website is pinkzebrahome.com/cslater

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Peace for her family as well as the friend struggling. I had to look up Pink Zebra as I hadn't heard of it before. Congrats to your daughter. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for new customers. LOL! My site is pinkzebrahome.com/cslater

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and I will gladly read all of your comments and do my best to respond.

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Book Review - The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner