Holiday Blues

Well, it seems as though once again the holiday crunch is upon us. One week and we will be waking up to Christmas Eve. Are your gifts bought? Are they wrapped? Are cards mailed? All of these are great questions to be asking yourself because as I sit here writing this the answer is no! I truly do not know why it is that each year I am farther behind than the year before.

I have enjoyed Christmas music and shows on Hallmark, but I just can not get motivated to bake cookies, shop, get cards ready, etc. I truly can't find my holiday spirit this year much. Maybe it is because I know that my husband always wants to shop often because he loves the last minute hustle and bustle, maybe it is because I know he is impossible to buy for and I dread shopping for him, maybe it's because the kids are each moved on now. I do not know but I almost will be glad to see the holiday over and I love this time of the year normally.

My tree is up, some presents are bought, and the grand baby is going to be spoiled another year. I just wish I could find the love and peace that should abound this time of the year. UGH!! I am sure that others often feel this way, but for me it truly is the first year that my holiday spirit is zero.

I feel like this undecorated tree looks , empty. I long for the person that loved the holidays and could not do enough baking and decorating. I long for the desire to wrap the gifts to give my loved ones. I long for simpler days and traditions. I long for the childlike anticipation of Christmas morning.

big christmas surprise / the young lad is astonished / by all of the gifts


Well, I must go and check on a carrot cake that I am baking this early Sunday morning and spend some time in the word of God. That always makes my life a little brighter. Love you all! Merry Christmas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024