Final Days of 2017

The final days of 2017 are upon us and I must say that I am praising God that the year is almost over. I never like to see time rushed as we have so little of it and we should take advantage of every moment of it, but I am tired and have been through enough this year. The holiday season seemed to be a struggle for all this year and I hate to say that I am happy to see it go! The season is so commercialized that it is hard to remember the real reason we celebrate the day.

Our holiday wound up being a nice day despite the fact that my mother in law spent a few days, including Christmas, in the hospital. She rolled out of bed a week ago yesterday and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. It was discovered that she had some bleeding on her brain and she was rushed to a larger hospital in case surgery was needed. It was not thankfully, but she is extremely bruised and has a large knot on her head that is still causing some pain and discomfort. My husband was not truly in the holiday spirit due to concerns about her. With the grand doll here though, the day had to go on and she was one happy little girl. I called her my present ninja because the paper flew as she was unwrapping her gifts. I love her so much! Last night when we visited her, she had a cough and seemed to have some rattling in her chest, so I think she will be going to the doctor today. I hate when she is sick.

My husband has been having some issues with staph infections and now has a cyst behind his ear, so he is returning to the doctor today to have that cut open and drained. He has spent so much time in the hospital and doctors' office this year that I think he may have his own room. His mom enjoys going to the doctor, I believe because there is always something wrong with her and now I tease him that I think it is happening to him. His problems all began with his back going out in early January due to herniated disc, degenerative disc, and his sciatic nerve, which led to surgery to relieve the pain and drop foot that he was suffering by late January. I told him that I am ready to get this year over with and no appointments or hospitals in January so we can start the new year off right.

I am not a firm believer in New Year's resolutions because they are generally never kept. I have made some here about writing daily and other things and I never seem to have the time. I am basically running three households at the moment and I am not accomplishing anything. It is hectic and crazy! I might have a bottle of wine for the new year! (Not really, but sounds good)

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the happiest of New Years! May God Bless you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - Jan. 15,2024