Ringling Brothers Closes The Circus

Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey Circus has been a household name for almost 50 years and now that is coming to an end. Ringling Bros and Barnum Bailey Circus has been called "The Greatest Show On Earth" will hold their last show on May 21,2107 in Uniondale, NY. Feld Enterprises CEO, Kenneth Feld announced that the circus has seen declining ticket sales for several years and following their decision to remove the elephants from the show, further decline has occurred. He stated that rising production costs and declining ticket sales has made the show an unprofitable show.

The circus was not a part of my childhood as my mother simply could not afford to take us. As an adult, I have been to the circus quite a few times and I must say that it is one of the most magical shows that I could ever imagine. Whether it be Ringling Bros. or a smaller scale circus, it is simply magical. I hope to take my grand doll each year to see a show. The animals, the performers, the lights and music make for a spectacular evening.

Since hearing this, I decided to look at shows they may have near me. The closest one is about 2 hours from home, but I am thinking that I may take my grand doll just to be able to see the show one time before it ends. There is a local circus show that will be here in the fall, but I would like to see the end of the road for such a well known show.

PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, is happy to hear of the show closing as they do not feel animals should be used for entertainment. I respect their views, but I feel that Ringling Bros and other shows take great care of the animals and I feel that they need to focus on the treatment of many family pets instead of attempting to end shows like these. PETA would close all shows and zoos if they could. Animals are used in many shows where they are treated well. If you disagree, that is fine and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I know many pets that are kept in cages or on chains, ropes, etc. and PETA would consider that wrong.

I love animals! I live on a hobby farm and I am a country girl at heart. I have had many pets in my life and I treat our animals as pets, However, I also know that animals are all wild to some extent and I respect that.

I won't talk more about that but I would like to close with a photo of the circus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Grandson

Something is Falling From The Sky

Happy Homemaker Monday - 1/8/24